Mice and Mold and Ants... Oh, My!!! The Cheery Thread of Master Goodale's Menagerie

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Croda:

Hi.

I don't mean to sound stoopid, but I'm very confused by this thread. It doesn't seem to:

A) have a purpose

B) have anything to do with the title

C) have any cohesion between posts

Damn right. You clearly aren't stoopid, cos those three points are bang on.

Are you happy now?

I was almost on time for work today...until I read Becket's of my latest dashing of his hopes. One-timed that hooring Marder with my ATG. Yea me.

No turns to Soddy or Platcdmr. The former cuz I didn't feel like and the latter cuz I didn't get around to it.

I have now seen it all, MasterGoodale is attempting to take VLs with out of ammo mortar teams. And Becket is attempted to KO my SU-76 with the crews of the 2 Stugs that the SU-76 KO'd. It would be ironic if that tactic worked. As it is, it is merely pathetic.

Snarker continues to die like a man.

Teddy is still British. Which makes him unpleasantly polite. That coupled with the fact that he purchased a battalion of ATRs is getting to be too much.

Prinz Eugen blows stuff up, I blow stuff up. He has one flag, I have one flag. Positively riveting stuff.

Did I forget anyone? Good.

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

I have now seen it all, MasterGoodale is attempting to take VLs with out of ammo mortar teams. And Becket is attempted to KO my SU-76 with the crews of the 2 Stugs that the SU-76 KO'd. It would be ironic if that tactic worked. As it is, it is merely pathetic.

Pathetic is an understatement. Grotesque is more appropriate.

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Pathetic is an understatement. Grotesque is more appropriate. </font>

Let us celebrate the coolness that is Walter Schug . On helluva nice guy and makes some fab wines to boot. Stopped by the winery one day and got an unexpected tour from him. I can't gush enough about this guy. HE F*ING ROCKS!!! Now go forth and buy his wine.

His winemaker, Michael Cox is a nice guy as well. Met him on shuttle on my way to catch a plane out of Cincinnati.

Originally posted by Dave H:

You guys are great, and the only thing better than your friendship is the knowledge that none of you are within several hundred miles of me.

Hey Dave I racked up 2150 miles on my last vacation...that would put me pretty close to your front door if I was so inclined.

Whatta ya say boys, road trip time?

I could be ready for visitors at the new home by Oct. 25. As for Indiana, how long a drive would that be from Toronto?

(Edited)

Starting from: 197 Britannia Ave, Bradford, ON Arriving at: Indianapolis, IN

Distance: 919.5 km

Approximate Travel Time: 8 hours 47 mins

[ August 29, 2003, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Axe2121 ]

Ah, so I do get it.

This is something of a bizzaro-Peng-poser-wannabe thread. Very clever. Never since The Great Schizm has an alternate thread been attempted.

Very bold. Very, very bold. You're lacking something though - Seanachai. We'll be sure to throw him your way.

I could be ready for visitors at the new home by Oct. 25. As for Indiana, how long a drive would that be from Toronto?

(Edited)

Starting from: 197 Britannia Ave, Bradford, ON Arriving at: Indianapolis, IN

Distance: 919.5 km

Approximate Travel Time: 8 hours 47 mins

Axe, you need to add another 100 miles or so to get to Jeffersonville. How much is that in kilometers, something like 5,000? :rolleyes:

And mike, since you went to Canada on vacation, your trip wasn't in miles, it was in kilometers. What a doofus!! tongue.gif:D

Axe, you need to add another 100 miles or so to get to Jeffersonville. How much is that in kilometers, something like 5,000?

You're the math grog — you tell me.

If I left at 6 a.m. on a Friday I could be there for around 3 p.m. After you refused me entry into your house, I could sleep in the car before the return trip the next day.

And Becket is attempted to KO my SU-76 with the crews of the 2 Stugs that the SU-76 KO'd. It would be ironic if that tactic worked. As it is, it is merely pathetic.

Tis interesting. Axe managed to kill a crewman of a halftrack of mine (you know how I love those halftracks) using a crew. Since I had two of the poor bastards stuck in the woods (not my doing, though they did kill your gamethrowers smile.gif , I thought I might see if they could kill the SU's crew. But, despite the open vehicle, they won't fire. Oh well. Hamburger Hill will be mine in a turn or three.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Pathetic is an understatement. Grotesque is more appropriate. </font>

Originally posted by Croda:

Ah, so I do get it.

This is something of a bizzaro-Peng-poser-wannabe thread. Very clever. Never since The Great Schizm has an alternate thread been attempted.

Actually, to the uninitiated this could appear to be the case. However, upon closer inspection, you will discover that several of the regulars here also post on the Peng thread. Not that there's really anything wrong with that, once you get beyond the stomach-wrenching and nausea it causes.

The most significant difference between the threads can be found by comparing the first post in each thread. In the Peng, you will find RULES, in the Cheery Waffle you will not. Game, set, and match to the Cheery Waffle. :cool: :cool:

One other difference, we use lots and lots of smiley faces, unlike the grumps in the "other" thread. tongue.gif:D

Very bold. Very, very bold. You're lacking something though - Seanachai. We'll be sure to throw him your way.
Actually Seanachai has visited a few times. When he discovered that mike_the_wino makes him look like a teetotaler, he slunk back to Minnesota in crushing defeat. :eek: :D

Maybe we could work out a trade of MasterGoodale for Seanachai. Unless they are really the same person. Has anyone ever seen them together? Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Maybe we could work out a trade of MasterGoodale for Seanachai. Unless they are really the same person. Has anyone ever seen them together? Hmmm.

I would be willing to throw a case of wine if it would help the exchange. Getting der Uber Gnome would be quite the coup for us Wafflers. Plus Seanachai would help out in the fight against you neo-Prohibitionists.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

Maybe we could work out a trade of MasterGoodale for Seanachai. Unless they are really the same person. Has anyone ever seen them together? Hmmm.

I would be willing to throw a case of wine if it would help the exchange. Getting der Uber Gnome would be quite the coup for us Wafflers. Plus Seanachai would help out in the fight against you neo-Prohibitionists. </font>

Okay. It appears I only have four games going at the moment, all of which proceed at a snail's pace.

Ergo:

Soddball, pick your parameters for game. I call the map: the city map from the Stalingrad Pack. You pick the rest. Or run away like a coward.

Axe, I understand you have to get married and stuff. I challenge you to play one of the following operations with me: Prokorovka from the Kursk Pack, or Beginning of the End from jxwspoon. I care not which nor which side I play.

That should do it for now.

Originally posted by Becket:

I should also mention what mike forgot:

His SU-76 is immobilized behind a forest with its gun pointing off map.

That is a tactical decision to block that line of advance. The reason that SU-76 is immobilized is due to the fact that the crew is laughing so hard, after the destruction of your 2 Stugs in exact same spot, that can't do anything else.

I want der Uber Gnome in all his glory.

The most significant difference between the threads can be found by comparing the first post in each thread. In the Peng, you will find RULES, in the Cheery Waffle you will not. Game, set, and match to the Cheery Waffle. :cool: :cool:

No rules as such, more of an understanding..

I.E. If you don't understand then "Sod Off".. Guess most of you Goodwafflers just don't get it...

One other difference, we use lots and lots of smiley faces, unlike the grumps in the "other" thread. tongue.gif:D

Another misunderstanding on your part..

We don't need smiley faces to communicate with each other.. we could of course use them if we really felt the need... then again, if the lack of smilies keeps the riff raff away then why bother? tongue.gif

Maybe we could work out a trade of MasterGoodale for Seanachai. Unless they are really the same person. Has anyone ever seen them together? Hmmm. :rolleyes:

The mere suggestion that MasterMouthwash could be the same person as Seanacoochiecoo is enough to give me nightmares...

Thank you sir for keeping me awake for the rest of tonight..

As for a trade in.........

Try again when you have someone worthy of the trade... I mean Mastermotormouth in exchange for the BARD you cannot be serious!!!! :eek:

*wanders in from the MBT*

GAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

GGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGHGAKGAGK GAAAAAAAAARGH~!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ummm, just trying to get a dialog going with you daggy lot.

btw, where's that grumpy one lately, Mr Goodale? You know, the one with perpetual Pre-Menstrual Syndrome?

I like him, he's funny (reminds me of Joe Shaw, and has a similar way with words. Sorry I mean grunts). :D

Mace

Originally posted by Mace:

*wanders in from the MBT*

GAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

GGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGHGAKGAGK GAAAAAAAAARGH~!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ummm, just trying to get a dialog going with you daggy lot.

btw, where's that grumpy one lately, Mr Goodale? You know, the one with perpetual Pre-Menstrual Syndrome?

I like him, he's funny (reminds me of Joe Shaw, and has a similar way with words. Sorry I mean grunts). :D

Mace

Please do not encourage the Maggot with things like that. We're trying to train him to speak English.

He fled for parts unknown after his troops were irrevocably smashed by my untertanks.

[ August 29, 2003, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Becket ]

MG's in Maine, no doubt in an attempt to track down Steve Grammont to personally thank him for making such a great game.

With any luck, Steve has some proximity mines and claymores set up.

Either that or he runs over him with the weasel.

MG's in Maine, no doubt in an attempt to track down Steve Grammont to personally thank him for making such a great game.

With any luck, Steve has some proximity mines and claymores set up.

Either that or he runs over him with the weasel.

Great. Another excuse for not sending turns. "Grraargh!!!! I was run over by a weasel in Maine and I can't get up!!!"