Mice and Mold and Ants... Oh, My!!! The Cheery Thread of Master Goodale's Menagerie

Originally posted by Snarker:

Axe867-5309 are my turns getting to you? Soddall's turns come back with 'Re:[spam]CMBB turn' or sumfink in the subject. Wondering if the spam hunting software had too much to drink recently...

Nope. No turns. No joy in Mudville either.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Croda:

Hi.

I don't mean to sound stoopid,

There, there now lad. Don't apologise, we realize that you cannot overcome a lifelong experience in one post

but I'm very confused by this thread.
Just as we are confused as to why you would inflict Boo_Radley upon us.

It doesn't seem to:

A) have a purpose

Much like your life it would appear. You are aware that there's been a patch (v1.03)? If so please contact Mr. Radley about continuing your game from some months ago.

B) have anything to do with the title
There are no titles in the Cheery Waffle Thread. Well, except for MGD, but nobody takes him serious.

C) have any cohesion between posts
Thanks, mike_the_wino introduced this concept and it just sort of took off from there. I think we have almost reached a level of perfection.

Could one of you gents please fill me in on what's going on here? I like to think I'm able to follow hip, new things, but this one has thrown me for a loop.
Except for Teddy Windosr, I do not know of any gents on this thread. So I guess that part of your question will have to remain unanswered.

Thanks.

It has been a pleasure :D

That's it?? :mad: :mad:

I mean, I know we treat each other with disdain, but a 'Hi, Im back' would have been nice. Wait. We're not nice. Well done.

Welcome back maggot. The geeks and freaks are almost back up to full strength. Once Keke gets back, we're up to a squad.

Originally posted by Axe2121:

That's it?? :mad: :mad:

I mean, I know we treat each other with disdain, but a 'Hi, Im back' would have been nice. Wait. We're not nice. Well done.

Welcome back maggot. The geeks and freaks are almost back up to full strength. Once Keke gets back, we're up to a squad.

At which point we go off and kill some clown-turned-spidermonsterfromouterspace? We all float down here, georgie

Ahem. Anyway, like I said, I'm looking for another game. Axe chickened out, Soddball didn't respond. What about you, Snarker?

JIM BOGGS!!! Great to see you, man! How are you and yours doing? We'll expect an hour by hour account of your absence, preferably in iambic pentameter. Or haiku is good, too. :D:D:D

Like a true maggot, when he detects an intruder or two or three or however many there have been today, he rises to the defense. Relatively speaking, of course, since maggots don't rise very high. :D:D:D

Originally posted by Becket:

Axe chickened out, Soddball didn't respond. What about you, Snarker?

Are you completely daft or only partly so? I accept your *snicker* challenge but not for Beginning of the End. I'm still having nightmares about the royal arse-whooping Keke gave me in that one. Send away, if you can pry your digits free from your netheregions for a second. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

Axe chickened out, Soddball didn't respond. What about you, Snarker?

Are you completely daft or only partly so? I accept your *snicker* challenge but not for Beginning of the End. I'm still having nightmares about the royal arse-whooping Keke gave me in that one. Send away, if you can pry your digits free from your netheregions for a second. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: </font>

Originally posted by Becket:

It horrifies me to no end that mike can now gloat at me over the current game.

Did you miss the last 15 posts where I called you a "no-game-having, monkey-humping hoor"? I guess I didn't make it clear enough that I was making ya my BIATCH!!! And if you start drinking now, you will never catch up to me. MUHUUAHAHAHAHA.

There is great beer quote that I must go track down...see ya in a few.

Still not the one I wanted but these are good too:

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

Benjamin Franklin, (1706-1790).

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."

Frank Zappa

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Maybe someone will be kind enough to post the quote from Cheers where Cliff and Norm are talking about beer and how it kills the weak brain cells? Pretty please?

***Sigh***

Just this once.

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this...

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first.

This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

Firstly, Becket, you imbecile, some of us have a life. Unlike you, I don't sit like some demented mannequin, clicking the 'send/receive' button on Outlook every 30 seconds, and shrieking with delight every time an email from 0as8dmandy@aol.com (subject: Free Prescription Drugs shaxzxas Becket@nofriends.com) appears.

So yes, I was out last night. Being the warm and benevolent boss that I am, I took my staff out for a slap-up meal with free booze to celebrate my working them to death. They appreciated it, or so my focus groups told me.

This 'challenge' you have presented me with is laughable. "You can pick anything but I want to pick the map" is not a challenge. Right. 3,000 points, artillery spotters and anti-tank rifles only. See? See what happens when you get silly?

And what the bloody buggery hellfire are all these Pengesque cretins doing in here? Why don't you all push off back to the wierd place you came from? It's like watching a bunch of homos flirting with girls.

[ August 30, 2003, 03:15 AM: Message edited by: Soddball ]

Originally posted by Croda:

Ah, so I do get it.

This is something of a bizzaro-Peng-poser-wannabe thread. Very clever. Never since The Great Schizm has an alternate thread been attempted.

Very bold. Very, very bold. You're lacking something though - Seanachai. We'll be sure to throw him your way.

You make it sound like this is some sort of new thing. We've been around for months. Where have you been? On remand?

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Except for Teddy Windsor, I do not know of any gents on this thread.

Welcome back, maggot! I've always thought of this thread as a moldy version of Mornington Crescent, with added TNT.

Axe, I hope you’re enjoying your last days of being foot-loose and fancy-free. The elusive turn finally arrived via hotmail and I’ve returned a movie using my super top secret account – let me know if it ever shows up.

Teddy