The Official v1.04 Patch Thread

since we are on the whining mode, i want the following or else:

- Medics

- Tractors

- Horses-drawn Field Kitchen

- Sniper Platoons

and throw in a couple of Babuskha,Commissars, Einsatzgruppen and other assorted civilians while you are at it...

..... Let it rest already!

[ June 09, 2003, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: laxx ]

Originally posted by Moon:

nzn, when you want to target a second story of a building (e.g. when the ground floor is out of LOS), go down to camera level 1. You will notice that the LOS will be different between 1st or 2nd floor.

Martin

I think what he means, is that sometimes the unit can see the top of a one-storey building, but because it doesn't have a LOS to the base of the building which is what you actually target, he cannot shoot at it.

In similar vein, maybe in some far distant future resurrection of CM our tanks/OB guns could also target tree tops, to get air bursts? At moment this would be too gamey, but maybe some day... (this kind of order should have delays IMO)

What about some sort of Unit Encyclopaedia, like in SP? It wouldn't have to have descriptions like "two million of these vehicles were produced" or a photo of it (although having that unit show up in a 3d window next to the data would be cool, and by cool I mean, I'd love it, but only if that didn't take much extra coding effort), but just all the important data about the unit, without having to set up a test scenario. It would also make it faster to spot errors in the database, which would mean that those could be dealt with one patch.

A nice new feature for scenario designers : Enlarging the map on the side you want because it's often needed to have 80 more meters on a side you can't enlarge now because you can only add 80meters to the other side of the map ...

Understand ? smile.gif

I hope it will be included in CMAK.

Thanks

Paulus

You can do that in CMBO and CMBB now. Hold down the shift key and hit the + on the map. Amazing, isn't it? smile.gif

Rune

Originally posted by Von Paulus:

A nice new feature for scenario designers : Enlarging the map on the side you want because it's often needed to have 80 more meters on a side you can't enlarge now because you can only add 80meters to the other side of the map ...

Understand ? smile.gif

Thanks

Paulus

Originally posted by rune:

You can do that in CMBO and CMBB now. Hold down the shift key and hit the + on the map. Amazing, isn't it? smile.gif

Rune

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Von Paulus:

Understand ? smile.gif

Thanks

Paulus

</font>

Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moon:

[qb] nzn, when you want to target a second story of a building (e.g. when the ground floor is out of LOS), go down to camera level 1. You will notice that the LOS will be different between 1st or 2nd floor.

Martin

I think what he means, is that sometimes the unit can see the top of a one-storey building, but because it doesn't have a LOS to the base of the building which is what you actually target, he cannot shoot at it.</font>

I think you misunderstand it. The problem is with one story buildings. You can see 98% of the building, but not the base itself. Therefore you can't target it, as you can only spot the highest 3 meters of the building and not the lowest 20 centimeters....