New CMAK forum?

Be carefuly what you wish for.

When CMBB first showed up the CMBO forum members clamoured(!) for a dedicated CMBB forum. As a result, you could hear the wind wistling through the deserted CMBO forum. Tumble-weeds rolling down the middle of main street. Cobwebs on the windows.

I don't think it would be a bad idea. The CMBO forum has a decent level of activity going on, and some useful discussions. This for a game that is much more inferior to its successor than CMBB will be to CMAK.

There are people who are interested in the east, and will stay with it. Drowning them out in 'w00t! OMG the Lee r00lz' threads would not do them a favour.

Also, if it means the Goodale thread moves to the CMAK forum, so much the better.

Originally posted by Thin Red Line:

I agree it would be a mistake to split the forums again.

Why? When CMAK appears, it is inevitable that a majority of players will shift their primary interest to it. That doesn't mean that nobody will play BB again. Many players still play BO and continue to post about it. There is good reason to think that the same will be true of BB. And not to split off a new forum would create congestion and confusion.

Michael

Originally posted by Andreas:

Also, if it means the Goodale thread moves to the CMAK forum, so much the better.

Oh no!

Personally, I think the Goodale Thread and the Cesspool should both move to a forum of their own. Sometimes I get mildly annoyed when I come here to look for an interesting discussion only to find the Peng thread or Waffles sitting at the top of the board. Why don't those people have jobs!

;)

Michael

Originally posted by Andreas:

Which is why I shake my head in wonder at the Goodale thread. I guess it is for the losers who can't handle the Peng thread. :D

One doesn't go in and try to join a group of old friends.

The Goodale thread ultimately boils down to what the Peng thread may have been about at one point (but doesn't seem to be anymore) -- just a place to get a game. The names shift and move and there are no rules, important folk, blacklists, or what not. Heck, we couldn't even blacklist Poor Old Spike.

I suppose it's about whatever floats your boat and all, but I do find it surprising that folks get annoyed at the mere existence of a thread they don't like -- especially a thread more about playing the game than anything else (though it drifts off point, by and large you'd have a hard time calling it off topic unless threads about playing the game are off topic).

That being said, Abbott correctly pointed out that the Brood has become somewhat unruly and less fun to read. Hopefully the warning will be heeded.

*shrug*

[ August 22, 2003, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Becket ]

Originally posted by Becket:

The Goodale thread ultimately boils down to what the Peng thread may have been about at one point (but doesn't seem to be anymore) -- just a place to get a game.

The Peng Thread has never been Just a place to get a game ..

I can't understand why anyone would even compare the Goodale thread to the Peng Thread...

IMO there is no comparison.....

tongue.gif

Originally posted by Becket:

If we shadows have offended,

Think but this, and all is mended,

That you have but slumb'red here

While these visions did appear.

And this weak and idle theme,

No more yielding than a dream,

Gentles, do not reprehend.

If you pardon, we will mend.

Bless thee Bottom, bless thee! Thou art translated