** 150mm Infantry Gun Mods Released! **

Get them at the CM Mod Database! Totally new from-scratch rebuild of the German 150mm heavy infantry gun. A much needed replacement for the original game art, which was of CMBO vintage. Contains both early Panzer gray and mid/late-war versions.

sig_russia1.jpg

sig_russia2.jpg

Cool new Heer uniform mods not included.

A CMAK version of the mod is available. Pix and stuff are at the CMAK forum. smile.gif

I don't make my mods CMMOS-compatible because I use a Mac and can't use CMMOS. If someone would like to adapt the mod to CMMOS format then go ahead. smile.gif

I personally don't have a problem overwriting the original files, although I usually make a backup just in case. If it's something I know I'll want to use forever and ever (like one of MikeyD's StuG's or T-34s, for example) then I won't bother with a backup.

Originally posted by FM Paul Heinrik:

I noticed that most mods are not CMMOS compatible, why not? Are most people just overwriting their files or you using a different mod manager?

Is there any reason not to just overwrite the original files with someones mods?

Go to CMMODS and d/l McMMM. I used CMMOS from the time it came out and Gordon made a great piece of software, but, like all things, time eventually produces an improvement, and McMMM is incredibly simple to use, switch mods, etc. You will be very pleased with not just overwriting bmp's.

Originally posted by junk2drive:

I wish unidentified units would show as a unit instead of the hardcoded "gun?" "tank?" etc.

All the cool mods and sometimes no view of them until the game ends.

I think the un-ID'd tank and light armor BMPs can be modded. I don't know about the gun, but it is disappointing not to see the cool mod until after the battle. I think when playing as Americans in CMAK and CMBO that all unidentified German field pieces should be ID'd as 88s. smile.gif

Originally posted by junk2drive:

While on the subject, kinda, where do hardcoded items get their color from? I was up close with a flamethrower and noticed the nozzle is black as if missing a bmp. Where does the green for the fuel tank come from? Or the tan for German AT shrecks or fausts?

Beats me. I'd love more moddable, better looking AT weapons (i.e. bazooka, Panzerschreck, PIAT). BFC did introduce moddable mortars in one of the CMBB patches, thought.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that one of the legacy bmps in bb and ak control these things. The black mortars and ft nozzles suggest the engine is looking for bmps and cant find them. Someday when I am really crazy, I will make square bmps of colour and number them for every missing number from 1 to 999999.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrew, I'm glad you like the whitewash, I've got it posted but I think I may try to polish it a little more yet.

I have a sorta comment and question, I've just noticed that the grau version has the wheels and shield brace shared with those camo'ed howitzer's, that blue color does sorta clash with that gelb based camo scheme, do you think you could rework those two parts, with some kinda neutral color that could work with both base colors.

I hope ya keep on redrawing AFV's and guns, thanks for your hard work and effort.