CMMods.com is back up! (well...sort of) [Oct. 15th UPDATE]

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

I've got the server rebuilt and the web services running. Now all I need to do is rebuild the cmmods databases. Should not be more than a day or two.

Thanks for being understanding!!!

Great news, and thanks for your hard work...

I'm really looking forward to it being restored to its former glory, as yesterday my hard drive died, taking with it the tons of mods I'd got from your site :(

GREAT, GREAT NEWS!!! :D

Losing your site has been like losing a close friend. Best wishes for your wife's speedy recovery too! You are a good man, cozog, and you do all of us CM fanatics a huge service!

Looking forward to when I can again upset my other half ("are you downloading mods AGAIN!"). :D

Originally posted by tooz:

GREAT, GREAT NEWS!!! :D

Losing your site has been like losing a close friend. Best wishes for your wife's speedy recovery too! You are a good man, cozog, and you do all of us CM fanatics a huge service!

Looking forward to when I can again upset my other half ("are you downloading mods AGAIN!"). :D

I get are you painting bleeding tanks again.

Great news! Thanks so much for all your selfless hard work on this. smile.gif

From some movie which I can't rememeber -

"Sometimes the bad times are there to remind of us of the good times that we weren't paying attention to in the first place..."

I know that applies to me with respect to your site. I've taken cmmods.com for granted for too long.

Expect a visit from my wallet in the very near future. smile.gif

COG,

Do you live in a dry state?

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

</font>

• Wine donation send to Fuerte for his PBEM HELPER, an excellent tool - it even lets you play 2 PBEM turns per e-mail exhange - if you play more than one PBEM at a time and have a Windows OS</font>
  • Sponsor of the (now infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn’s Brazilian customs drank the wine prize up! + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honor of Nabla (His scoring system revolutionized CM tourney play)</font>
  • Rumblings of War, aka RoW I/II/III and beyond tourney sponsor (Wreck/Ali+Kanonier+Jon_L/~)</font>
  • Grateful donateur to the drinking habits of Battlefront.com (Baldy received the Fat Bastard Chardonnay)</font>
  • Thank You donation send to Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Boots & Tracks for their scenarios created specifically for RoW tournaments</font>
  • Wine donation send to Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility (Thereby making the installing of CM mods a breeze)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Andrew Fox for his CM modding work</font>
  • Wine donation send to Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot for his dedication in hosting CM scenarios</font>
  • Sponsor-to-be of Pengville’s “Gamey Bastard” tourney (In honor of Seanachai + Lars for showing an act of kindness to an outerboarder - Well, bribery does pay.)</font>

-------------------History Note------------------

On 22 December 1944 General Heinrich von Lüttwitz, commander of the German XLVII Armoured Corps, sent a message to General McAuliffe, commander of 101st Airborne Division* demanding he surrender the surrounded town of Bastogne. McAuliffe’s reply, “NUTS!” is probably unequalled in the annals of military history, both for its brevity and the amount of confusion it caused in the German camp before it was deciphered.

*The 101st Airborne Division held out in Bastogne from 19-26 December 1944. The 4th American Armoured Division, under Patton’s Third Army, relieved the “Battered Bastards of Bastogne” during the German Ardennes offensive.

[ October 15, 2003, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

I'm almost done with rebuilding CMMods.com website. I've also added a couple of new items.

First, I've broken the page up so you won't be forced to view the preview pic when you open the mod. This should save on bandwidth and allow for faster downloads.

Second, I've purchased an increase in speed (I think I mentioned this before), so that should get things moving faster too.

Lastly, I've added some programming (still working on this, but close to finished) that will extract a list of all the .BMP file names stored in the mod .ZIP file. This will have a two-fold effect of being able to show which .BMPs belong to which units and will eliminate the need for me to manually create a master .BMP list.

I anticipate having this completed within the next couple days, or at the VERY latest, this weekend.

I wish to thank all supporters of CMMods.com. I can't say enough about the CM community. Even though the temporary loss of CMMods.com has been a real PITA for all of you, not one person has complained. I salute you all for your patience!

COG

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WineCape:

If you are referring to liquor, then I live in a "wet" state. I don't think there are any dry states, only dry counties within the states.

COG </font>

Originally posted by WineCape:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WineCape:

If you are referring to liquor, then I live in a "wet" state. I don't think there are any dry states, only dry counties within the states.

COG </font>

Second, I've purchased an increase in speed (I think I mentioned this before), so that should get things moving faster too.

Wow - excellent.

I hope your avid readers and fans have read this and done the right thing, to the extent they are able!

(I hope you bought a backup system too :D )

GaJ.

(continuing my tradition of never getting a post right first time!)

[ October 15, 2003, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: GreenAsJade ]