reverese or rotate when bogged

None from over two years research - but some people feel it does make a difference. There is further experimentation currently going on, which is trying to gaze into the blinding light of Charles's mind.

It involves at least a 1000 CMers with 1000 tanks over a 1000 turns that might, or might not, glean some significance in 1000 years.

Boggging - In memory of Joeri

[ November 17, 2003, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

I have a question.

In the game I'm currently playing (Antonescu is Kaput) one of my T-34's has a "immobilized" status in the status window. I have no movement or rotate commands available in the "right click popup menu". Does this mean this tank is pretty much done for the rest of the scenario? I tried using the hotkeys to get the tank to move (M) or move to contanct (E) but got no response.

Just another note. When zoom level is set to 1 and I look at the tank from the side view it is clear that the tank tracks are sunk in halfway through the ground. (snow covered)

Yup tis stuck.

It can still function like a fixed pill box, but if it it gets hit a few times the crew might decide to abandon. I would try and fire off as much HE as possibe, into known or suspected enemy positions/buildings before you possible lose it. Or alternatively, depending on where it's stuck/ status, you could hide it and use it for ambush purposes with cover arcs etc.

What's experience? and is it an independant or part of a platoon or HQ tank?

Originally posted by Cookie Monster:

I have a question.

In the game I'm currently playing (Antonescu is Kaput) one of my T-34's has a "immobilized" status in the status window. I have no movement or rotate commands available in the "right click popup menu". Does this mean this tank is pretty much done for the rest of the scenario? I tried using the hotkeys to get the tank to move (M) or move to contanct (E) but got no response.

Just another note. When zoom level is set to 1 and I look at the tank from the side view it is clear that the tank tracks are sunk in halfway through the ground. (snow covered)

Originally posted by Wicky:

[QB] Yup tis stuck.

It can still function like a fixed pill box, but if it it gets hit a few times the crew might decide to abandon. I would try and fire off as much HE as possibe, into known or suspected enemy positions/buildings before you possible lose it. Or alternatively, depending on where it's stuck/ status, you could hide it and use it for ambush purposes with cover arcs etc.

What's experience? and is it an independant or part of a platoon or HQ tank?

I had a T-34 immobilized in the snow on a slope and accidently ran into it w/another T-34. Usually the tanks mesh together but in this case it shoved the immobile tank sideways down the slope. Unfortunatly the "immobile" tank was knocked out before the turn was over but I wonder if it made the next turn would it now be fully functional (has this happened to anyone else??).

-Catch-

I've never seen an immobilized tank get 'un-immobilzed' in the game. Immobilized can cover all sorts of unfixable problems besides simply getting stuck, such as torn-up tracks, busted transmission, blown-off roadwheels or drive sprocket, etc etc.

There's even a few 'real-world' causes for immobilization that I'm sorry CM didn't get into the game. Wouldn't it be fun if your long-barreled Jpz IV was in danger of impailing its gun in the ground while descending a steep slope? Now that would be a laugh! :D

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I've never seen an immobilized tank get 'un-immobilzed' in the game. Immobilized can cover all sorts of unfixable problems besides simply getting stuck, such as torn-up tracks, busted transmission, blown-off roadwheels or drive sprocket, etc etc.

Thanks, your explanation makes me feel better as to why my tank became immobilized. I'm really impressed with the level of realism in CMBB. As a new CMBB'er who's had the game for about a month now I just can't get enough! It seems like every scenario I play I learn something new about this game.