Points for immobilization?

My understanding of the scoring system is that you do not get points for immobilizing a vehicle. Anyone know what the rationale for this is?

It seems to me that since you get points for forcing the abandonment of an AFV (which can be recovered and repaired), you ought to get some points for immobilizing it, since immobilization can render an AFV almost ineffective, even though it can be recovered later. And, I would think the same would be true for inflicting gun damage.

Anyone know what the logic is behind not giving points for these events?

Thats a good question pilot. Not really sure why. I guess if there still is a crew in the tank firing the gun or mgs then its considered not koed/abandoned. Meaning you get no points for it since its considered a live fighting AFV, however disabled, but still fighting. But this is just my take, not a definitive answer.

Imagine starting a random Quickbattle, your opponent gets 4 Tigers and the map comes up deep mud. You can't cay it was through your opponent's incompetence or your own generalship that his force is immobile inside the first 30 seconds. To award you points for a simple 'act of God' would be unfair.

As noted, an immoblized vehicle may be merely stuck in the mud and fairly easily hauled out when the battle's done. And it can still fight. Indeed, the fact that you failed to knock it out suggest either that you feared its fighting power or couldn't get near enough to threaten it.

A stronger argument might be made for a gun-damaged tank--since that' s presumably a result of enemy action--but even there a fairly quick trip to the shop can restore the damage. I sometimes wish I could get points when I damage an enemy tank, but I'm always really glad when such damage isn't counted against me.