Romanian MOD Ready. For Real This Time!!!

The Romanian MOD is ready for download now at CMMODS.COM

Go get 'em! smile.gif

Some screenshots:

early_rom.jpg

Early-war Romanian infantry showing optional helmet cover and summer tunics.

late_rom.jpg

Late-war Romanian infantry

rom_cohq.jpg

Romanian Co/Bn HQ. I tried to give the cap a more "Romanian" look--there are a few subtle differences now from the German M43 cap. Note the map of Odessa in the mapcase. :D

rom_mtnhq.jpg

Mountain officer.

Like the Italians and (98% of) the Hungarians this one is entirely "from scratch."

[ June 14, 2003, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

Andrew,

looks like as if files 9646 & 9647 are missing in the zip file.

BTW, one question regarding 9760:

MDorosh bmp list show it to be legs from "Crew Set 1".

As you have included it in your zip file, I suppose it is also used for other Romanian units ???

Marcus

Originally posted by mike8g:

Andrew,

As you have included it in your zip file, I suppose it is also used for other Romanian units ???

Marcus

Michael's list is in error, as I found out. Sorry Michael for not mentioning it earlier, but I just plain forgot until now. I don't know what the crew leg BMP is but it's definitely not 9760 or whatever. Actually, 9760.bmp is not in the set, but I know what you're talking about.

As usual, you caught me again on the missing BMPs. Don't know how I missed them, but it probably has something to do with working on these after midnight every day. That's my excuse, at any rate. tongue.gif

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mike8g:

Andrew,

Marcus

Michael's list is in error, as I found out. Sorry Michael for not mentioning it earlier, but I just plain forgot until now. I don't know what the crew leg BMP is but it's definitely not 9760 or whatever. Actually, 9760.bmp is not in the set, but I know what you're talking about.

As usual, you caught me again on the missing BMPs. Don't know how I missed them, but it probably has something to do with working on these after midnight every day. That's my excuse, at any rate. tongue.gif </font>

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

I don't know what the crew leg BMP is but it's definitely not 9760 or whatever. Actually, 9760.bmp is not in the set, but I know what you're talking about.

Sorry Andrew,

I skipped some rows and read the Hungarian entries.

Originally I wanted to mention file 9677 which is included in your set. Just curious what this is.

Btw, thanks for the quick update and (as usual) for all your efforts.

Marcus

[ June 14, 2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: mike8g ]

Outstanding job as usual Andrew and to think I'll be getting to use these shortly. This really is an exceptionally good looking mod. Don't know why exactly but there's just something about them. Oh well, great looking. We really really do appreciate your stunning work Andrew. Just the best! Thanks - a lot guy.

Glad everyone likes them! smile.gif

I try to strike a balance between "realistic" in real-world terms and realistic relative to the way the figures are observed in the game. For example, take wrinkles in clothing. In real life there would probably be a lot more, but they would change in degree and position depending on body movement. What I end up doing is painting in a minimal amount of wrinkles to give the suggestion of real clothing, and I think its pretty convincing.

Likewise when depicting the field gear I show everything dead center. Not only is it easier to paint :rolleyes: , but it is again a more convincing impression of 3 dimensional objects when viewed from different angles.

I promised Gautrek a mod tutorial (some day), so I should probably stop rambling on here and work on that instead. :cool: