Forvalor.com - Soviet medal citations etc.

Andreas you, or indeed somebody else, wouldn't happen to have a link for an extensive site covering German NS period medals and decorations, military and political?

Turns out one of my co-workers, a mild mannered woman of some years, found something with a swastika on it in a box of junk that had collected over the years. I promised to help her identifying it.

Who knows, it could be one of Adolf Gallands knights crosses with diamonds, thought to have been lost in a bombing raid ;)

M.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Turned out it was a DRL (Deutsches Reichsabzeichen für Leibesübungen) sports badge in bronze. Nothing fancy, just a decoration for having done your duty by exercising well enough the last year.

She had a Gebiergsjäger cap Edelweiss and a few Russian decorations as well, will look them up later, if possible.

Apparently had picked up the stuff while he served in the Swedish army up north during the war.

Again, thanks.

M.

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Andreas,

When I try to connect with "For Valor" I get NOT FOUND. Have tried twice. Mac OS 8.6 running

Netscape Communicator 4.8.

Regards,

John Kettler

John,

Dave, the webmaster for forvalor.com, wishes for you to contact him. I have been chatting with him about his Berlin maps, and referred him to this thread, and he wants to know about any problems people have logging into his site. He would appreciate it! dave@forvalor.com

smile.gif

Andreas,

When I try to connect with "For Valor" I get NOT FOUND. Have tried twice. Mac OS 8.6 running

Regards,

John Kettler

John, I am using a Mac OS 9.2.2 w/Opera 5 as browser, and have no problem. No idea what your problem could be. Best to follow the suggestion to contact the chap.

It is down to the Netscape version. You need to get a version that supports frames.

[ May 22, 2003, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: Tero ]

That's odd, since Communicator 4.8 does support frames, as did its predecessor, 4.71.

I use NS4.7 primarily at the office and it did not work whereas IE6 works fine. I've had problems with NS with sites which have .css and this type of file in the front page. I've always chalked it up as a MS/IE frame technology which I have thought NS7 can/could handle.