I want the ENTIRE campaign :)

Okay let me just say this...

This ROCKS! As a SSN yank, I can't get over the absolutely wonderful support and excellent product that these boys have put out. If I were of Italian descent, I'd be crying by now! What care has been put into the needs of this gaming community is beyond measure, and the appreciation I feel for the effort put forth so far...I don't know how to express it. All I can say is, it's a rare feeling these days.

Okay I posted all this nonsense in CMBO a few days again when it arrived in the mail, so on the the BIG ONE.

CMBB arrives today, neatly packaged and in a timely manner, and the painless installation I just went through again... <starts crying>...dangit...

Okay now that I can see to type again, let me explain something of myself. Been wargaming since I was 13, I'm 38 now. I am a battle masocist. My idea of the best game ever made?

THIS. With one addition. Give me the ENTIRE campaign available from my desktop.

Okay okay, it's a big request. Yes, I see Biltong's post. My friends think I'm crazy, because my idea of THE GAME has always been, and they know this, War in Europe...at this scale smile.gif

I want to do a week of play on the strategic map, then fight all the battles, to be simple about it. Hehehehe.

Well, at least I have THIS. What I ask for is to put me in command of any historical unit I please, then put me in the fight. At any starting date I so choose, and let me fight the rest of the war! THAT is a campaign!

In Russia, it's the ONLY campaign smile.gif

Maybe it is available and I just don't see it, and certainly making the battles and operations is my forte, I love doing that.

Okay, again, this is certainly no complaint. Just a suggestion for possible future consideration. Give me the unit, and 4 years of killing Russians, what more can a crazy masochistic wargamer ask?!?

Posted by Wepps

...My friends think I'm crazy...

So you're 38 years old and you want to fight the entire European theater at CMBB scale. A scale which keeps track of every tank, every truck, every halftrack, every jeep, every rifle, every machine gun, every panzerfaust, and every man. It even keeps track of every tank round.

Incidentally, this game also plays out at real time; one minute of game time lasts one minute.

If you're serious, you should listen more to your friends. :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

Originally posted by Lars:

But...but...commanding 6th Army is just no fun after February 1943...

Only for a few months, and then Armee Abteilung Hollidt on the Mius is renamed 6th Army. Then you get to watch it being destroyed again in Romania 1944, and again in 1945. It is like something out of 'Night of the living dead armies' - obviously the Soviet soldiers did not aim their 12 gauge right.

6th Army, like a bad breakfast, it keeps coming back!

I also suggest you try out Operation Störfang. True, you will not have the same platoon HQ from map to map and can't watch him rack 500 kills and develop from regular to crack but it has all the other goods you might want.

And add to that, the designers have really gone way over their heads to make it very fun, well researched, engaging and it certainly adds up to the "feel" of a campaign. Also, it is very fun.

Now, if there would be more options for the next battle, like you advance 1500 meters and get battle "C1" but if you advance 2000 meters destroying a supply base or airield you'll get a second code and play "C2" which is easier because all the Soviets now have reduced ammo and less troops. Or then you might get to choose which battle you play, the more open map in the west or the dense terrain in north.

Or something? Have you thought of that in Störfang?

The whole idea behind Störfang is genious. Maybe it does not need an Einstain to dream it up but to actually make it happen. Wow.

BTW, that KV-1 had no business on my road.

Iron Roadblock just kicked my tail back to Germany.

I'm always in a hurry, so losing all my tanks to it on turn 2 was bound to get me demoted to 'end of rope tester' anyways.

Also, what do you guys think of this strategy guide?

Originally posted by Wepps:

Also, what do you guys think of this strategy guide?

The word is, its actually pretty ok and gets you into things if you are a newbie (like I was when starting to play CM:BO for the first time) but for most of the forum regulars here it really adds no nothing much since we handle the basic tactics of a WW2 battle already, + know the dirty tricks the guide doesn't even go into.

welcome.

check the FAQ at the top of the forum. that's got a list of useful tactical posts.

can i recommend the onion wars. it's a grand non historical campaign. we're currently on turn 2/3 but i think there's plenty of slots coming available.

it's good fun & they is a great deal of work in there.

good luck. if you need to PBEM or something, drop me a line. i usually play Soviets.

One thing I noticed, being a SSN and all maybe I'm missing something in the mechanics, but I always seem to deal the SS savage blows, while getting tamped by Volkstrum. /shrug In CMBO that is.

I've got a lot to learn here, or relearn as the case may be smile.gif

And whoever came up with that Iron Roadblock is definitely a sadist smile.gif First mission it just wiped me out, 2nd one I got all my infantry to the objective intact and was properly spanked, THEN the KV-1 got all my tanks, the 88s, and for the whole fight couldn't even get my 37s out of the trees they kept backing back up into them even though never under fire.

God what a sick individual.