[breaking news] : Update, Rambo III has joined ISCL, I'm back :)

jon_j_rambo

What I experienced this weekend playing SC caused me to vomit. The most pukish results in the history of SC occurred in Poland. The maggots wouldn't surrender, Yoda, what is the chance of Poland surrendering with 2-units left? Because it two consecutive games... "It's a Sin" --- song by Elvis Presley.

Not only getting hosed in the surrender, consecutive turns of minimum rolls, calculated into a .00639% chance. Absolutely obsurd.

Now, lets get to the game where Poland actually surrendered. Playing the Fritz, I was ALWAYS down 2-levels in Jet technology to both UK & the Russians. Are you kidding me? It's late 1942, & I can't catch up? I had 5-chits in the research! What's the odds of that? 35% chance each turn, for what? 20+ turns? What about all the turns before that? No tech? I have a better chance of getting a date with Brittney Spears or getting Ron Artest's job with the Pacers.

Astronomical odds, does this mean The Rapture might be tonight? Don't even tell me that computers "can create random" numbers.

[ November 23, 2004, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Rambo i was telling you once ..dont let the luck factor decide poland, dont move your units to early to the west. Make sure that they surrender by yourself. You wont need all the units in the west anyway as there is not enough room to set them up.

I was always wondering about your riksy poland campagne.

The other thing you are talking about is bad luck..one time your game is rolling and then you have games where nothing is working fine....bad rolls, horrible tech advance...etc. the only thing you can do in this case is patience patience and patience ..as you will get your chance in every game ;)

DH, by late 42 it is too late to have so serious handicaps like -2 jet tech - luck doesn't matter, lol ... it surely does - i had in one game lvl 5 jets with 2 chits by mid 1941 - beat that ;)

It doesn't matter so much until say, 10-15 turns after Russia joined; after that it matters a lot.

@ Cosmin

Sometimes you have to accept your destiny. ;)

Not in everygame you are lucky and everything is perfect. But when you play your opponents several times eveything will balance out for sure.

I had games where everything failed at the beginning....poland,LC,Denmark...due to incredible dice rolls...in that case one loose ag every opponent.

rambo...you are a rep ... reps don't quit ;)

c'mon there are a lot of ppl out there who are taking the game way too seriously ... change your mind and let's have some fun games ... i'll be back on friday and I challenge you to a mega-fun-cookie-cutter-forbidden game. With rockets and bombers and german lvl 5 typhoon subs ;)

Another interesting option would be to set join percentages to zero and put a handicap on axis dows on minors - like 3-4 turns delay between dows (post france) - whatever, any whacky setting would do after all ;)

jon_j_rambo:

I call BS.

[NOTE... BS = Beatific Sage]

rambo flips open the cell phone... it's one of those new fangled, multi-tasking things... nothin' but the BEST! for... the local Legend.

He takes a quick snap-shot of... a falling leaf. Gotta keep track of... Boise posterity.

**Way, way out in the Eerie-Sphere, a faint voice,

Slightly annoyed**

"Yah rambo, what is it... this time."

"Look here you beat up old half-insane, so-called lost-in-the-60's Sage... this latest SC Game I'm rackin' up?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, damn the double-deuce snake-eyes, I got these here 5 research chits stuck in Rockets, and it is now turn 7 already and... Poland STILL won't bite the dust!"

"Accept your personal Destiny, O yee of tiny dice dealing faith."

jon_j_rambo:

Accept destiny? What are you a prophet now?

"Nope, no Prophet,

Just a great and beat, sweet-teat tasting Scat-man who used to know Jack Kerouac back when he was... erasing all the thin white lines... as King of the Road."

"Grack! Better for you if you knew the REAL King... Elvis, when he had black-jack lyrics running fiery like liquid lava - deep down in his freight-training soul!"

rambo continues:

"And besides, I KNOW what Destiny IS... I've got 10 grand laid down on... Tofu Futures, and I'll collect my dazzling dime on that there New Age Market if I have to wait for the Old Idaho cows to come home!"

"Well, pardon, rambo, I've got things to do, and... "

rambo, out of patience... just about... out of Einstein time:

"Get me Rockets! Level one, level TWO, rip-rap, snap crack & pop! And get 'em raining brimstone blazes on Warsaw, and get 'em here... NOW!"

"Say? Earth-bound, Hound Dog howling, 20-handicap Golfer Man?"

"Rockets I say!"

"Don't phone home again! You are plain wearing me OUT... gotta go, John Kerry is tearing up the satellite line and wants to know why HIS Destiny is even worse than yours."

rambo saunters on up to the sprawling 18th green at Boise Municipal Golf Course and Good Shepherd Training Grounds.

Golfer.jpg

He indolently fills his divot, and takes a quick snap-shot of his shining, dimpled white golf ball... lying... INCHES??... from the pin.

He thinks a moment about this new circumstance.

Something... not QUITE... righteous here in the green hills of the Promised Land.

That was a hell of a 9-iron shot!

If he does say so himself!

Fought them swirling Old Idaho winds - all the way out of that wild & thick fairway rough!

90 yards!

No! More!

Soaring!

Up into them blustery blue-white Boise clouds like... well, exactly like!

A freaking, claw-wreaking... Eagle!

... SHOULDA gone... IN... that liberal, back-stabbing cup!

He abruptly flips the cell phone open... hoping it won't X-plode... like one a' them cheap-jack Euro models,

And takes a quick snap of... a poor, falling sparrow.

Suddenly he wonders?

Did anyone else notice that falling sparrow, other than me?

Signs & Wonders, I keep tellin' all them ailing infidels, but... NO! They just won't listen!

Yep,

That most-artistic shot SHOULDA gone right In there... ker-plunk!

He stabs in the phone number, long, long since memorized... he even sees it etched on a slab of mosaic marble, in his dreams.

"Hey BS! Inches from the cup? Hey, CAN'T happen! Here in God's Country,

You clue-less old hippie codger you...

And, by the by... Rockets! Level 3! While yer at it... "