Germany/Italy and Allies/USSR

Straha

I gather that the player is in control of one entire alliance. In many of the classical WW2 grand strategy games, though, one had at least the additional option to play either Russia or the (rest of the) Allies alone, and leave the other part of the alliance to the computer. This can be very interesting because it often poses new problems (i.e. the computer ally botches something ...).

I really would like to have this option in Strategical Command. In fact, I would even want to have the option to play only Germany (or, most difficult, Italy), and leave the other Axis player AI controlled. It should not be too difficult to implement this as, basically, the AI is already able to manage the whole alliance. So it should be able to manage *part* of it, too.

Straha

[ April 21, 2002, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: Straha ]

I also want to voice my support for this option. Letting the AI, as an option, control your allies would be great, and true multiplayer options would be great. These are the sort of things that seperate a classic that lives on your system forever from a played-it-beat-it-forgot-it game.

I mentioned this earlier, so I post here to throw in my vote.

In my countless games of 3R or WiF, I preferred to play the Italians, and did so with an independent mind. That belligerent, above all in the ETO, squandered the most opportunities, and provides the player with the best opportunities to cause mayhem and excitement.

Many a game I remember wherein the Ities controlled the German and the Allied war effort by a bit of daring do in the Med theater...

[ April 22, 2002, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Wilhammer ]