Rockets

R.m.R

never even considered them until the germans in JJ's scenario were given one to start with. nice for constant stationary attacks such as in norway, etc.

almost as good vs. french/spanish targets. one chit invested in this will often get them raised to 2 or 3 tech level (at least that is what happens to me).

with a high experience, they are quite a terrible weapon.

not as fast as men or tanks. not as fierce as super-fighter planes, but they do have their place. ;)

strange to find myself a rocket PROPONENT here, but i would like to point out that the rockets are something to work towards (as are super-jets,etc.) now they dont have the APPARENT value of the jets, but if you prepare correctly, and stick some defence around it from enemy fighters it is worthwhile.

not flashy. but worthwhile. as weapons go, they are on the low end of the totem pole, but very, very, few people(including myself) take the time and mpps to work with them.

regarding giving them more power, if we extended their range, i think they could hit NEW JERSEY! :cool:

disorder

". . .if we extended their range, i think they could hit NEW JERSEY!"

Ahhhh yes, if they hit this bog ridden wetland dump hard enough, my wife might finally consent to moving, we would finally live in a real state where there would be better things to do than make entries on a computer all day long. ;) Hey, I can fantasize! smile.gif

[ June 15, 2003, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

rockets are useful on the russian front for one reason. if you get lucky tech...great trenchware breaker. problem is, air is as good if not better. and you can't afford to go both ways... once I've been decimated by em on that front tho' without Russian fighters only Russian rockets and UK Aircover

As originally posted by JerseyJohn:

...we would finally live in a real state where there would be better things to do than make entries on a computer all day long

Then,

Come to New Mexico, modestly

Termed... The Land of Enchantment ...

Where the mountains and the desert

Shake hands,

A fateful agreement that amazes!

The whole known world! smile.gif

... green chile from Mesilla Valley,

Rousing college basketball

In the world-famous PIT,

Roadrunners and soaring Eagles

All over the place and

Sunsets that are simply incredible!

To behold!

And not only all of the above!... but

There is plenty!

Of elbow-room... and

Side-saddle riding Caballeros too!

(... and one of those

could be... you! ... :eek: )

Come on JJ, gather up the reluctant kin

And come to... simply, the greatest state

In the American landscape! :cool:

--------------------------

When I am playing seriously, I rarely buy any rocket detachments ... just not worth the expense, which is too bad because they could be great to play around with!

[ June 16, 2003, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: Immer Etwas ]

Rockets and HQ's should have a air defense of 1, giving them some protection.

Rockets can also be used to defend against ship attacks. Put one behind a coastal city, those ships will stop attacking.

Rockets can be very useful given time and investment in development. But it needs some air defence, same goes for HQ´s. I think if Germany and Russia would have one when the game starts(1939) L-1, it could make people consider it as a useful unit. As it is now the cost and time it takes to make them powerful is usualy better used elsewhere.

Immer

"Come on JJ, gather up the reluctant kin

And come to... simply, the greatest state

In the American landscape!"

Thanks for the invitation my friend. Asked the wife if she'd like to move there, showed her your description and some great photos I found and she said "No." Begged her, pleaded with her, the whole nine yards, told her I passed through once and loved the place, which is true, and she still said no. Asking once more she announced sternly that she was born in New Jersey and wanted to die in New Jersey.

An hour later she asked me "why the hell..." I was digging a deep hole out back near the pine trees. I smiled and said, "It's a surprise, darling."

Strindberg_lapset7.gif

"That's right little girl, it was well fertilized and grew very quickly and yes, I planted it right around the time my wife ran off; didn't think anyone noticed. Nothing like snooping, nosy little neighbors. Now I think it's time you went home to bother your parents and I went about selling the house and moving to New Mexico. The wife would have wanted it that way -- I mean, if she were here, and I always feel as though she is, she'd agree with me."

[ June 16, 2003, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]