Strategic resources and cities

Holyman

Since this promising game seems pretty much based on High Command to me i have a small question regarding the actual map layout. It seems like the number of cities and resources have decreased and i wonder why since Hicom had a wonderful game balance.

/Holyman

There were rumors for a long time that hicom was developed to a "hicom for windows" and that the code bounsed between a few companies.. and then there was silence....

I mean.. strategic resources, diplomacy... research... ;)

Take a look at this as well (for you who hasnt been there..)

world in flames.

Theres a downloadable beta, but they seem to have worked on this since the battle of hastings... HUGHE!

World in flames

I tested it beta but there is no AI yet... anyway it covers the whole wide world and there is tons of things to finetune..

Sorry for bothering all you pro's... Anyway... The AI is also to be to your advantage as you can automate some things like production. And there will be scenarios like "Europe 1939-1945".

But yes... it IS kinda detailed... smile.gif

Having seen WiF's Beta, it is very strange -- that tiny little window to maneuver in...

I like SC for this reason -- with a few quick clicks you can survey the whole empire -- it's more like the board-game atmosphere, where you feel as though you are actually... kind of divine.

Not necessarily holy, but divine.

I do like the look of that,i certainly agree with WIF map,i find it hard to sit back at examaine the big piture when i cant see a big enough area in the detail i need to.

This however looks like the big picture were even just one look with the colour showing what you control is an indicator of ones success or upcomming demise

Ehem ... the hex just South of East Prussia, where the Polish Army is located now, should be in fact Prussian (Allenstein region, Southern East Prussia came to be Polish after WW2, the North went to Russia).

Instead, Poland should get the hex exactly to the right of said army (from the Baltic states) ...

(Straha skitters away and hides under the nearest table ...)

Yeah that's the limitation of the hex system, not everything is going to be perfect (and believe me I've fooled around with a lot of small areas like this on the map when originally setting things up) but I think it's close enough for the "you get the main idea" kind of thing.

;)

Thanks for the map Super Ted! With all these mystical appearances of his, I'll bet in another life he was Rasputin whispering into the ear of the Czar...

And those great gushing oil derricks in Iraq -- whoever runs them, King or Queen or British puppet-prince, never mind, they're mine! :D

Originally posted by Immer Etwas:

Having seen WiF's Beta, it is very strange -- that tiny little window to maneuver in...

I like SC for this reason -- with a few quick clicks you can survey the whole empire -- it's more like the board-game atmosphere, where you feel as though you are actually... kind of divine.

Yah, I've checked out the WiF beta --- and I gather Grigsby is re-working PacWar based on his Uncommon Valour game code --- but I ain't got the attention span I used to have. I need a nice big strategic game I can finish off in a few weeks --- not a few years!