Question

desertfox5768

Originally posted by desertfox5768:

Why is it my level 2 jetfighters in England ROUTINELY get BUTCHERED by attacking AND inferior German planes? This is pissing me off more than a little bit.

This happens quite a lot. I think that the computer cheats. I'm not sure what happens with a human player on both sides.

Also keep in mind the German planes likely have experience, enhanced by HQs also with experience.

Whoever said they are ready to throw the game out the window is easily discouraged! This game poses incredible complexity, masked behind a deceptivly easy interface. I prefer to think of SC as a satisfying challenge.

Easily discouraged? I'm on the easiest mode, and my defending level 2 jet planes will lose 5 points to attacking level 0 German fighers, without inflicting a SINGLE loss on the Germans. Yes, I have an HQ. Is that correct, though? Things like this happen two or three times a turn. This is really ridiclious; I haven't seen an AI that cheats so badly in a long time.

Well as crappy as you think the game is the fact stands, your speaking for the minority on this forum. I agree with you on your complaint, most people do but its one of the bugs in the game. You'd have a hard time finding a game without bugs.

I doubt the AI cheats in this game when it comes to battle results. Sure there is a random element in each battle, but I have been playing the AI quite a lot and not observed any systematic advantage for the AI in battles. Just ask Hubert to make sure. He will know.

The Luftwaffe is usually quite experienced after Poland and of course the german headquarters are very good and also quite experienced already. Do you ever look at the predicted losses at the top of the screen? When you have spotted the german planes before attacking, the prediction should include the effect of the interception, I believe. COmpare those predictions, not your own hopes, to the results, before claiming the AI cheats

Sorry to hear about the trouble, while I can appreciate the frustration I can assure you the AI is not cheating. As Murks and others have pointed out, take a look at all the factors that are in play like experience, command rating, morale bonuses, research level etc. and you'll see that there is a lot going on under the hood that can affect combat outcomes.

The recently discovered interception losses bug will make a slight difference but in your case will most likely not be the single biggest factor since only the extra entrenchment plays a role (max of 2 since the AI does not 99% of the time locate AF in cities or mountain hexes on the coast of France, but rather open hexes) In any case the losses bug does go both ways at the moment and will be resolved shortly. The discovery of this one was very tricky indeed (not discovered until 4 months after release) and so my hats off to Zappsweden since setting up test campaigns wouldn't give it away unless you seriously experimented with them.

Either way if you still think things are out of whack, send me the save files of your games and I'll be glad to take a look.

Hope this helps,

Hubert