Dzerhezinsky Tractor Works problem

Shmavis

I have a couple of suggestions...

1) Use rockets when your troops are WELL out of harms way because they are ALWAYS inaccurate. Always good at the start of the game for a roughing up if you take this into account.

2) Get use to it... They often do as much harm as good if you're close... a bit like air support... (course you don't gotta be close for that ;) )

I played this scenario against 2 opponents at the same time, one game ended in a major victory for me and the other in a major victory for my opponent. It wasn't all down to the rockets but it helped someone more in one of the games and it wasn't me...

That scenario is a crap shoot. I played it as the Germans and the rockets knocked out a couple of my own tanks and smashed the front edge of my assault.

If you are more chicken you might want to put the aim point further back from your soldiers, which will also have the likely effect that a bunch of the rockets will fall off the far board.

Still, the odds are overall in your favor with the rockets and since it is Stalingrad, everyone is going to die in the end anyways, so why not roll the dice smile.gif

This was one of the first ones I played in CMBB. Fortunately, I knew the rockets would land all over hell's half acre (hmmm...that might actually be too tight for a rocket grouping) so I targetted the pre-set barrage to land near the Soviet edge; still ended up pummelling some of my own guys.

Under no circumstances should you try to use them to help your front line. Just hope that they mess up the Russkie backyard.

You can move into the cellars (aka sewers) to ride out the barrage. Just a short move for 1-2 turns. You might loose some troops who get lost, but much less than when the rockets hit. Your opponent might do the same for barrage 2 and 3 - if he knows the reload time of a prep barrage by rockets.

It ain't a bug - it is a feature. Rockets were highly inaccurate. IIRC the Germans had some minimum distance from the target area and an additional minimum distance for troop concentrations (like jump-off points) from the target area.

Gruß

Joachim

Originally posted by Brent Pollock:

This was one of the first ones I played in CMBB. Fortunately, I knew the rockets would land all over hell's half acre (hmmm...that might actually be too tight for a rocket grouping)

While I know that the rockets are very inaccurate they would not make it to Hell's Half Acre. It is just to the west of Casper, Wyoming. As the name denotes, a pretty inhospitable place... :mad: