I Take Issue with Reinforcements

aku_djinn

Surrounded units should not be allowed to reinforce... I got held up taking Rumania for months and months b/c the Allies can simply bump those units up each round, even though they are completely surrounded and getting pounded from the air... where are these tens of thousands of men coming from? It totaly ruins the game b/c the whole point of surrounding units on the blitz is to cut them off and eliminate them. Being able to reinforce cut off units wrecks the blitz strategy. I hope they will change this.

I don't have a problem with it.

A surrounded city can only be a single unit - if it has supply then why can't it be reinforced? And if it hasn't then it can only be reinforced up to a lower maximum.

"obviously you weren't using enough airpower"

I was using 3 air fleets and numerous allied ground units. The city and a hex or two around it were being bumoped up 6+ power levels each round for many turns. The problem is it counted as a capital so they could have supply, but I think if it's surrounded for many turns like that even if it's a capital it should not be able to reiforce like that over time. Leningrad was about to capitulate (after tens of thousands had starved I might add) but the Russians were able to bring truck convoys over the lake on which the city bordered when it froze over.

i have to agree. in my invasion of russia there were a few pockets of 2-3 russian corps that ould get fully reinforced every turn. one of them just a normal city had 3 corps reinforced to 12 each turn and it took about 5-6 turns to beat it down and kill of the units. any unit cut off shouldnt be able to be put past 10 even in a city since pockets are not supposed to grow in strenght over time. but part of my prob was my units were worn down so it was harder to attack even with hq support.

Sounds like the pocket was still able to trace a line back to it's capital (at least on it's turn), if you completely cut it off, their max reinforcement value drops, (but could be boosted if they have an HQ in the pocket) and if you completely cut off a unit in a city, i.e. completly surround all open land hexes around the city, the max reinforcement value will be 5.

Hope that helps,

Hubert