CD Check - Official Announcement

Hubert Cater

After thinking about this one a bit, I've decided to remove the CD check from Strategic Command in all future patches. I do believe it was a little unfair, and unexpected to place this restriction after the game had shipped. I will continue, as in the past, to be completely forthright in what to expect in future patches/fixes and well I guess, chalk this one up to experience.

There will be another patch available in the coming weeks that will indeed have the CD check removed as well as cover some of the remaining items/tweaks recently discussed. More on that soon!

Hubert

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

After thinking about this one a bit, I've decided to remove the CD check from Strategic Command in all future patches. I do believe it was a little unfair, and unexpected to place this restriction after the game had shipped. I will continue, as in the past, to be completely forthright in what to expect in future patches/fixes and well I guess, chalk this one up to experience.

There will be another patch available in the coming weeks that will indeed have the CD check removed as well as cover some of the remaining items/tweaks recently discussed. More on that soon!

Hubert

You have been more than fair on this matter. I thank you for your efforts.

I was vocal in my dislike of the CD check and now I am vocal in my THANKS to Hubert for listening.

Once again I would like to say how gratefull I and many are for Hubert and Battlefront for listening and responding to their customers.

Thank You very much smile.gif

Remarkable. I take CD checks to be a fact of life, but was pleased to be able to occasionally play SC on my bus ride to work (laptop) until 1.03. Most happy to return to this - thanks. I hope it doesn't cost you any sales, and believe that it won't.