What say you ppl to have a super mega tourney before SC2 comes out???

hellraiser

I suggest we call it the SC Olympics. Like in the non-online world, all other competition should be on hold while the Olympics run. You hear me Sombra and other Panzerliga players? smile.gif

By the way, Hellraiser pls update your initial post with the starting fields so that everyone easily can see the info.

@Rambo i agree to most of your arguments in your speech but...

1. As Sombra stated, we have an ongoing tourney which i organize and have to play, where also you and hellraiser took part but were kicked out.

2. We will soon have a teamevent where 10 vs 10 ppl will compete ag each other with alot of funny arguments and smack talk.

3. When i did my last comeback i stated that i dont have the time to play ppl all arround the world anymore.

4. I´m winner of the Winter-Storm-Tourney, and i won also 2 times ag Terif when he was on his peak, (he is still there) there is no need to add more metals and glory for me.

5. And finally ....I´m too slow for this tournament. ;)

Good luck and fun for you all

Dragonheart

I will be away for the w/e, coming back on tuesday. After that, we can decide on the kick off date. Maybe more ppl will join...if not, we will go for a single 5 player group.

We will play it soccer style:

a win counts as 3 points

a draw counts as 1 point

once all the group games are over, we'll add up the points and the first two will play the final game.

Originally posted by Dragonheart:

@Rambo i agree to most of your arguments in your speech but...

1. As Sombra stated, we have an ongoing tourney which i organize and have to play, where also you and hellraiser took part but were kicked out.

2. We will soon have a teamevent where 10 vs 10 ppl will compete ag each other with alot of funny arguments and smack talk.

3. When i did my last comeback i stated that i dont have the time to play ppl all arround the world anymore.

4. I´m winner of the Winter-Storm-Tourney, and i won also 2 times ag Terif when he was on his peak, (he is still there) there is no need to add more metals and glory for me.

5. And finally ....I´m too slow for this tournament. ;)

Good luck and fun for you all

Dragonheart

This post sounds strange, I do not understand it. No.3) sounds like the real reason, 1), 2), 4), 5) sounds more like excuses or perhaps i missunderstood them if they are were meant as jokes?

Finally (in case it was no joke), What does "I'm too slow for this tournament ;) " mean???

P.S Dragonheart. If you don't reply, I will force an intercept (well... THAT was a joke :D )

[ April 28, 2005, 03:40 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

To slow.....you proposed a TIME limit for each player.....and as several players complaining about my slowness.....Dragonslow is my second name ;) .....i state it clear ....i´m too slow for this one. :D ....but dont nail me on this single point. ;)

Meanwhile i was talking with hellraiser and promised to join if the tourney will start in June, when i will have much more time.

But anyway with that low number participating its senseless.

Originally posted by Dragonheart:

I says "Still under construction" ....honestly said i dont know it will ever will be up. :(

Mine was still under construction some years ago too. If you at PL have problems "getting it up" it is a warning sign, a warning sign not to take SC too seriously. Go out and meet some ppl (hopefully chicks) now will yah :D;)

You know there very people who are able to put up the website are pursued by though any beautiful girls . They don´t have time anymore.

The rest of us huddles together, playing mindless games against each other, basking in a vain glory.

From what I read, I lot of people just don't have the time or the interst in devoting 16+ hours to play a full TCP game, much less the several it might take for a tournament. Why not play a tournament scenario that can be finished in few hours? More people would have the ability to participate, and it would move much faster.

I think mirrored games, either a first to conquer France scneario (this was done before) or the Overlord scenario might work. The person who get the prize first in the two games played wins.

Plus, playing a scenario would be different than the standard '39 game, require fresh strategy and thinking, maybe giving a balance to those who have not mastered the '39 game. It would be a test of ability to apply skills and strategy in a different situation

And, finally, while I appreciate the nostalga for a masters/legends tournament, some of us newbies might want to join too, and what they heck, you need some fodder for the early rounds of the tournament. smile.gif

I would like to play a 1942 scenario with a bid. Problem is, nobody wants to play the 1942 scenario! It takes away the magic of the French Campaign, the technology strategies, etc.

Yep, time is a biotch with SC. If I was really rich or really poor, then I could play SC all the time smile.gif But as a working stiff & a thing called a life, I've already burned enough of my mortal on this game. I do like a battle know & then smile.gif

Iriemon, I have already proposed a TIME! system. If ppl really could learn to play SC and learn bidding system they could learn this TIME! system in no time.

Even Dragonheart could fit in the time system, just set the time limits higher if he enters the tourney :D

[ May 08, 2005, 02:51 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Kuniworth:

Players wanted for the tourney;

FriendlyFire

Masturbator

Dr Carl Baker

Leopard

Penetrator

CvM

Gaylord Focker

Bloody Bucket

BriantheWise

Otto

cock in the ass

Waltero

and more...

and don't forget:

Disgusting_rolls

I am sure he would volunteer as under cover "dice controller". THAT will show them (cheaters) :D