What say you ppl to have a super mega tourney before SC2 comes out???

hellraiser

I would very much like to see a SUPER VETERAN SC1 TOURNEY until SC2 comes out. This game surely deserves such event, since it was and it is a great game!!!

So, I would like you ppl, veterans, legends, icons, little green force wielders, whatever, to speak up and if enough guys gather, to start the last SC1 GRAND SLAM !!!

I am calling for Terif, Rambo, Dragonheart, Avatar, Liam, Sombra, Zapp, Dalmatia Partisan, as well as for some tough PanzerLiga dudes (with recommendations from Terif or Dragonheart for their skill). I am sorry if I left aside other names but feel free to post your intention to join the tourney even if your name is not mentioned above).

Games will be TCP/IP ; 1939 scenario in 1/5/30 bidding system, minimum bid 175; Rules are the usual ones: no Anti aircraft research, no landings on major powers during DOW turn (no RRI included smile.gif ).

The games play under a knock out rule: the winner moves forward, the loser stays home smile.gif

The players matchup will be done using a random seeder.

It should be the Grand Finale!!! A tribute to a great game and a tribute to countless hours spent in front of the PC playing it smile.gif

I would like the tourney to kick off in mid May or beggining of June the latest.

Those who are interested, please post here.

Hellraiser says: 'I am in' ;)

[ April 25, 2005, 04:32 AM: Message edited by: hellraiser ]

Note:

I would very much like that ppl should leave aside grudges and pride one last time and pay the tribute to this wonderful game. And think that there is a random player-pairs generator so chances are that you won't meet the guy you don't like to meet smile.gif

@Hellraiser

I fear your engagement here in Battlefront is fruitless. There are no ppl left interested in any kind of competition.

If you want you can again join a PL team competition. We are planning to play a socalled teamevent where two teams consisting of roughly 10 ppl for each team battling ag each other.

Is it too much legend already in this tourney?

I tell u what, IF you use the QPS (say 1 hour per player and year) I join too!

QPS: http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=004069

Another thing. Since rounds tend to take 2-3 weeks this tourney will take ages. I strongly belive it will take shorter time if we make 2 groups consisting of 4 players with 3 games per player.

Both Group winners qualifies for Finals. If the no.1 and no.2 both have equal amount of wins, they play one extra game for deciding first place.

That means u can play all your games whenever u like, instead of waiting for the next round.

Everyone has surely seen the classical

A vs B

C vs D

A vs C

B vs D

A vs D

B vs C

[ April 26, 2005, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

@Zapp --- Why don't I just continue to slap you around the mapboard personally?

I'm up for a tourney.

I know you have been practicing against my "Green Friend" but I have always had the edge over you. I just need some warmup before I can roll over your battle lines again :D

The ideea of grouping players is fine.

I would like to see more folks interested though.

@Zipsweden - the 1 hour thingy ain't a very good ideea imho - there are some players who like to take their time to think the moves (yes, they are slow:P ) but they are nevertheless valuable players.

Come on people, sign up for this tourney!!! A great chance for us to meet and play some nice games - at a competitive level.

@DragonDude --- Dude, what do you mean the tourney discussion is fruitless? Remember something (I want you to listen very carefully to this), that Battlefront is "Center Court"! Repeat so you understand, Battlefront is Center Court! Winning here is ground zero, the Genesis to Revelation, the Alpha & Omega of Strategic Command. Playing in the Bunta PanzerLiga is fun & entertaining, but that can't be for bragging rights. I consider PL a "Major" for as tourneys, but it's not the Green Jacket (Master's Golf), it's not the Big Blue vs. Bobby (Chess). PL is on the World Tour, but can't be the ultimate crown! PL is for entertainment purposes only, for German speakers. You can't hijack the SC crown to PL, hide in a bunker, then comeback here & diss on BF-tourneys. In summary, DragonSlow, BF is where the glory of the game is achieved.

It's about the game & the glory,

-Legend

@Hellraiser --- Thanks for bringing up the idea for a tourney, the number of people is not that important, it's the quality! I'd rather have an official tournament to establish a #2 player, who can then officially challenge YodaTerif for the #1 spot, and I'm sure he'd be up for playing the winner of our Tourney. Heck, Yoda, get in if you want!

What's the name of this tournament? "The Fab Five"? "Contender"? You need a name for your tourney. "Romanian Rounders"?

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

@DragonDude --- Dude, what do you mean the tourney discussion is fruitless? Remember something (I want you to listen very carefully to this), that Battlefront is "Center Court"! Repeat so you understand, Battlefront is Center Court! Winning here is ground zero, the Genesis to Revelation, the Alpha & Omega of Strategic Command. Playing in the Bunta PanzerLiga is fun & entertaining, but that can't be for bragging rights. I consider PL a "Major" for as tourneys, but it's not the Green Jacket (Master's Golf), it's not the Big Blue vs. Bobby (Chess). PL is on the World Tour, but can't be the ultimate crown! PL is for entertainment purposes only, for German speakers. You can't hijack the SC crown to PL, hide in a bunker, then comeback here & diss on BF-tourneys. In summary, DragonSlow, BF is where the glory of the game is achieved.

It's about the game & the glory,

-Legend

Good summary Rambo. The crown is in Europe and stays there for the rest of the SC life ;)

Right now I spend to much time already playing SC. PL tourney , team competion and the usual league games. Sorry no time.