Unit naming

Mikaelis

Hubert, i´ve got a suggestion...Why don´t put the names of the units for every country in a pool, so we can edit it with historical ones? I´m sure it will REALLY increase the fun...After all, i prefer to play with my Bismark hunting the Hood and the King George V than just a simple Cruiser... ;)

I think the suggestion here was to include a drop down box with the entire list of unused historical names, so that players can select from the actual historical samples (without having to memorize what they are).

--------------------

CANUCK: Clothing, Equipping and Employing the Canadian Soldier in Combat Mission

CANUCK: The Canadian Soldier in the 20th Century

TOMMY: The British Soldier in Combat Mission

GD for CM: The first website devoted to CM2

Correct. I´ll try to make myself clear. Yes, we can rename units of our side, but not of the opposing. The AI don´t name the units that built, but simply call them generic Cruisers, Tsnk Groups or Armies. If there´s a fixed (and editable!) pool of names, all units will have a proper name.

Yup, sounds like a very good idea. Honest thing is that time is critical as you can imagine, but if anyone has the time to send me a complete catergorized list of all naval/air/land units at this scale for all countries that were used in the European Theater I just might have the chance to squeeze it in, but of course the standard disclaimer of no promises just in case I can't ;)

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Yup, sounds like a very good idea. Honest thing is that time is critical as you can imagine, but if anyone has the time to send me a complete catergorized list of all naval/air/land units at this scale for all countries that were used in the European Theater I just might have the chance to squeeze it in, but of course the standard disclaimer of no promises just in case I can't ;)

Hubert,

Email me (tedquincey@yahoo.com) a list of what you need and I'll see what I can do.

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

...time is critical as you can imagine...

Imagine? Maybe. Hope is more like it. smile.gif

I'm looking forward to further improvements as time goes on, but the fact is that I'm gonna get my $25 "investment" back several times with this one.

Thanks, Hubert, for this game.

Now quit reading and responding to all these posts and go back to work!! ;)