New Icons (Image)

jmbunnelle

Hi everyone,

I'm using a set of Axis replacement icons and I thought someone here might be interested in trying them out. Germany's done and I'm finishing up Italy now. Then I'm going to do the Allies. Let me know if you want them and I will email you a copy.

image6a.gif

I'm probably going to include dots to indicate what level the icon represents. Basically, I look on each icon/tech upgrade as the newest addition to that icon type. Therefore, Air 1 is shown by the Bf-109E while Air 2 adds on the Stuka. So the Air 2 icon , showing the Stuka, represents both 109E's and Ju87's instead of an air group composed entirely of the latter.

I've taken several liberties, such as using the Tiger (a heavy tank) for tank level 3 and the Panther (a medium tank) for tank level 4, my logic being that the Panther was a better vehicle for a myriad of reasons and warranted being placed higher up on the scale. It was also introduced after the Tiger. The Tiger II is the max level, tank 5. I started to use the Maus but I couldn't fit the damn thing on the icon, not that it functioned well anyway. The Jagdpanther is used for level 4 because, like I said earlier, it simply represents an addition to the existing line of armor and not a replacement for all which came before.

Please give me feedback.

jbunnelle

Thanks for the advice and comments! I should have the entire set done by this weekend, assuming I keep up my current speed. I'll email Otto and ask if he'll host them. Does the side view of the plane work okay? And does it bother anyone to have different colors for the tanks or should I make them all "feld grau"? I'll add in the dots to represent tech levels.

Praetorian,

Okay, I confess, that's the real reason I didn't put in the Maus! Had to make room for the Jagdpanther. Ah...I still see its silhouette on the PanzerBlitz box.....

Wow, the response is more than I expected. I gotta get to work! Unless I can find some very generic images, I'm probably not going to do the minor powers, since they are not nation specific. I'm saving everyone's emails and will ship the file out a.s.a.p., hopefully on Friday afternoon. I'll also send it to Otto for possible posting on his site.

If you have size restrictions on incoming attachments, let me know. To get the colors right, I had to abandon the bitmap's palette and bump it up to 24-bit color. Not sure how big it will be when all is said and done.

jbunnelle

Panzerblitz - now your talking!

It used to sound like WW2 when me and my brother sat down for a game - apparently being one year younger meant I could never be correct in Line od Sight decisions!!

I still have fond memories of those 3 folding map boards :D

Panzerblitz - now your talking!

It used to sound like WW2 when me and my brother sat down for a game - apparently being one year younger meant I could never be correct in Line od Sight decisions!!

And Panzer Leader! (except my older brother was always scrupulously fair on LOS/LOF rulings)

jmbunnelle: Excellent work! Please send me a copy at daigrer@bellsouth.net or post them on Otto's website, he'll love these.

I think they are great as well, though I will post a concern. They look rather blurry to me. Is it possible to sharpen up their edges in some way. I was waiting for someone to do this and my prayers have been answered. After this hit those cities and desolate mountains!