Due to conditions beyond my control

It appears the honeymoon is over guys.

The site owners are well aware of the situation, no need to make a fuss.

I am unlikely going to be able to participate here in much further.

I hope the game goes well, I hope SC grows expands and prospers.

But I will have to look from the outside.

Drop me a line at Matrix or Wargamer if anything interesting is done with SC.

I think it was Charles the Fifth of the Holy Roman Empire who rehearsed his own funeral every day for the last year of his life. Sometimes he'd lie in the casket and other times he'd have a look alike lying there so he'd be able to blend in, disguised as a monk, listening to what his buddies were really saying about him. Unfortuneately I don't know how the actual funeral came off when the big event finally occurred. If it didn't go perfectly it sure wasn't from lack of preparation.

Les, Don't Go -- stay!

If the Sarge does go, it puts him in the lead over my own retirments, 4 - 3. The best I'd be able to do is tie him, 4 - 4 and I'd have to make the big move myself to do it. As Chester A. Riley used to say, "What a revolting development this is!

Come on Sarge, Reconsider!

What we need is a return by Jimmy Boggs. Last time he told Les he loved retired sergeants or something and it pulled him back again.

Jimmy Boggs -- Jimmy Boggs -- we need you again. -- Come back from that Asinine General Forum!

Jimmy, You're a reasonable guy and the Sarge likes it when you say he's the guiding light of your life. Come on Jim, just once more for the gipper. All right, so you'll have to say it again in six weeks when the next cycle comes around, but say it for us now, come on big guy, we're begging you. . . ..

In another famous, though less often rehearsed goodbye, Rick tells his woman, "We'll always have Paris." And makes way for a nobler man. Happily, this guy is also his woman's legal husband.

casablanca_goodbye.jpg

[ April 03, 2003, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Les the Sarge 9-lb

Just got back from the General forum, or should I say Battlefront's Tower of Babel.

babel.gif

It seems incredible that you would leave the SC site over such a flare-up with those pointless wretches.

Les, why do you suppose I stay out of there? It's a monumental waste of time and an aggravating one to boot. You offer good opinions here and help liven the place up. I don't know about anyone else, but I think a lot of guys who post here feel as I do and would hate to see you go.

[ April 03, 2003, 02:01 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Well hell, now what? :eek:

All right, so JJ provides a clue and so I go on over to the General Forum and I read all that bountiful BS awhile... and, ahhh so!

Look Les, like the old song says... "... nobody's right if everybody's wrong."

Intellectual palaver ain't NEVER gonna cut it.

It didn't mean anything back in the times when we all were breathing thick sweet air in that Garden Eden, or out on the Tundra or Savannah, and it won't next week or next year.

Blah blah blah... who cares?

Forget those guys who parse & moan and split pretty hairs... instead of tonight's kindling wood, and get back in here with the SC gang where you belong, yes? ;)

For once me and Rambo agrees. Why retire all the time??? Just leave and drop in when you feel like it. No need to retire or make a comeback all the time guys...hey this is a forum nothing more nothing less...

But Im still coming to get ya John.J Rambo...you can run but you cant hide from the swedish steel...muahahahahaha!!!!!

Still gay Jersey??

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

How many retirements is this now? I think it's 3. What happenend, wife pulled the plug on your computer again? Get out of the house & play in the yard.

Hollywood, trying to help those in need.

Yeah John you make me feel great. I like your style pussypants. Keep it up cheesetits tongue.gif

Ah, it's the priveledge of Youth to have a good laugh at their Old and Decrepit Friends. I almost remember when I was fifteen -- I mean I used to remember that far back. I mean, I have documented proof somewhere that once I was -- uh, where did I put it, can't seem to remember where I . . ..

I don't understand the whole retiring thing either. I didn't post here for about 3 months, not a big deal. There really is not a lot to post about. I think that goes for all forums. When Hearts of Iron came out I posted there all the time with suggestions, now I mostly just watch and wait for the next patch. To "retire" is silly, unless your going for a Michael Jordan :D

Agreed...I no longer post here, but I do lurk, awaiting some news of future developments... I wouldn't discount the General Forum thread as it has provided use for me such as:

Galactic Civilizations

Space Empires IV Gold

MLB.TV...now I can watch the SF Giants here in New Jersey for $2.95 a pop

Avoid MOO3 thread....ect.

I avoid any thread that has the following words within:

Iraq

England

USA

France

Canada

Germany

Embedded

Why?

Who?

What?

Where?

When?

Arse

Well, you get the point...basically I avoid all the Political Pundit Wannabee Threads...too bad there is not a Forum filter which you could use to eliminate all the self serving drek.....

Your spinning back and forth more than PM Chretien, ever noticed how he speaks from the left side of his mouth. Your changing sides more times than Michael Moore or Peter Arnett. Stay or go, go or stay, it's just a forum, not a marriage. I like your comments about SC, but don't care for your fickleness. Like Kuniworth said just leave for a while then come back, and don't be such a drama queen.

Love ya....