MOD RECAP FOR NEWBIES

jmbunnelle

Hi all,

Since I've seen a few random posts on here asking about SC mods, I thought a single master post that recapped everything would be helpful to the newcomer. Then just this one post could be added to and bumped from time to time.

First off, Otto's Strategic Command HQ is a must, it being one of the first sites to collect mods from various artists. However, it hasn't been updated in quite a while because Otto is away until sometime in October. It contains the following unit mods, all of which are mutually exclusive:

-The Camicie Nere Mod

-Jbulldog's Unit Mod

-Jorgen's Symbol Mod

-Sgt Eagle's Historical Symbols Mod

-Wolfe's Tank Mod

-Moder's Aid 'Flat' Tile Sprite

Next, there's HolzemFrumFloppen's Elite Interface (see original forum post here for screenshots). This essential mod changes everything, both the interface and graphics. I particularly love the work he did with the blended flags. Fantastic stuff.

Sami V was working on an excellent interface using original propaganda posters, but I haven't seen a thread announcing its release. The initial screenshots, which are now dead links, were superb. Sami V, PLEASE let me know when it's done because I want it!

Lastly, there are my own two mods, JBunnelle's Force-Specific Icons (see screenshot here) and Terrain Enhancements (see screenshots here).

All of these are zip files that can be unzipped directly into your "bitmaps" folder in your Strategic Command folder (default is C:/Program Files/Strategic Command/bitmaps)

BE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL "BITMAPS" FOLDER!!!

The majority of these cannot be used with one another. The Elite mod will replace pretty much all of the bitmaps in the game, so if you want to use another mod in conjunction with it, be sure you unzip the Elite into your "bitmaps" folder first, then unzip the others.

[ September 06, 2002, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: jmbunnelle ]

Originally posted by Flatus:

Do the mods have any negative effect if you're playing an email game? Would the person you're playing against need to have the same mods installed?

Absolutely no negative effect installing the mods, and asbolutely no need for your PBEM partner to have the same mods. Only the graphics are altered and this has no effect on the game engine.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by jmbunnelle:

Have you heard anything from SamiV? Do you have a copy of his interface screens?

JM:

Sorry it took so long to respond. Negative. Haven't heard anything from him (nor seen any posts) in quite a while. I really dug on his Title Screen.

Additionally.... very cool that you posted the mod-recap. Really helpful for all the players who missed out on some of the goodies the first time.

So... what about you... any plans for future unit mods?

- Holzem

Originally posted by HolzemFrumFloppen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jmbunnelle:

Have you heard anything from SamiV? Do you have a copy of his interface screens?

JM:

Sorry it took so long to respond. Negative. Haven't heard anything from him (nor seen any posts) in quite a while. I really dug on his Title Screen.

Additionally.... very cool that you posted the mod-recap. Really helpful for all the players who missed out on some of the goodies the first time.

So... what about you... any plans for future unit mods?

- Holzem</font>

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, I'm back and I'm even a little early!

jmbunnelle, thanks for this thread and the plug for my site, I appreciate it. tongue.gif;):D

Well, I'm back in business. Anyone with any new contributions to SC, please send them my way.

I added HolzemFrumFloppen's Elite Interface, JBunnelle's Force-Specific Icons, and Nors's Operation Uranus Campaign to my site. If anyone has any problems with me hosting your files, please let me know and I'll remove them immediately.

• 1 month later...

Quick question guys. Carl already turned me on to the Elite mod and the unit specific mod.I managed to install them. I'm using them and they are great . I'd like to add the terrain mod cause I think it adds a lot. But should I wait till I'm done with my current game? I'm just nervous I'm going to currupt a file and lose the game ( I'm working on an AAR for this particular game). I'm really not the best with computers but I'm trying to learn.

• 2 weeks later...