Is the German copy of SC different than mine?

jon_j_rambo

Rumor has it.....I shouldn't let this leak out, that the Fritz version has different "dice" for combat resolution. I have made some observations. Some discussion has begun within Camp Rambo. We will hear thee again of this matter:

Acts 17:32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

Well Rambo, there are slight differences. First of all there are all this small nifty animations of tanks in flames , ships sinking etc.

The music score seems better: "Chariots of fire" is played when the german troops rolll into Warsaw. And "end of all hope" when Paris falls.

The original SC didnĀ“t have these small gadgets.

Last but not least you can edit in the editor the "dice" of each opponent simulating the outstanding performance of the italain troops etc. Naturally I give my american colleagues always a minus one or two in this field too.

P.S: This post is for the use of Rambo only to confirm his suspicions ;)

[ October 28, 2004, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: Sombra ]

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Rumor has it.....I shouldn't let this leak out, that the Fritz version has different "dice" for combat resolution. I have made some observations. Some discussion has begun within Camp Rambo. We will hear thee again of this matter:

Acts 17:32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

It seems to me you lost to many games ag germans or autrians and you are now looking for an excuse. :D

Sure has the "Fritz or Hans-Version" advantages ag other versions...as this game is pro Axis what do you think. ;)

When you play ag a german opponent he will get a +1 Bonus in dicerolls. But also the research system is completely better as you will get 10,9,8 etc % chance for each chit instead of 5,4,3 etc.

But rumors say that the swedish version gives one Jetadvantage ag all other versions...why do you think is zapp called "the Airking"...whilst the croatian version gives you a better chance of partisan activity ..but thats all nothing in comparison to the french version as this one allows you to switch off the fog of war during game.

There is one player arround who has the master version of SC combining all these advantages ...guess who :D

@DragonBlow --- Dude, did I say what the difference is? Maybe it's a Yankee advantage smile.gif Quit drinking so heavily, sucking down those weak Heinekens & coming after a Legend will only cause your image to be cracked further here on Center Court. Listen, clean the wax out of your ears, get that Bavarian pretzel hole under control before you speak!

Since when you have become the speaker of the PanzerLiga House? I don't remember you being "in 'Da House"? I'm more Bunta then your are! Over 400 years ago, my great & late Uncle Wolfgang Otto Van Pricenhoffermeyer sailed the pond to settle freely in the name of Martin Luther in the hills of Pennsylvania, so there! Just because your nickname translates into Bengal Tiger, you like German soccor clubs, & your Mom bought you a "Halftrack with mounted AA-gun poster" doesn't make you part of the Fatherland. I have the History Channel, I own the Nazi cult DVD's...in order to be inline, you must have blood & soil!

Okay...back to the subject.

Remember something, have I EVER BEEN caught in a lie, scandal, or something underhanded? My record clearly shows when I make claims, they come to fruit, not weeds. I was asking a question, the question remains. There is a difference in "dice" for the two versions of the game. Remember when I broke the "reload FOW sniffer"?

You know what? Screw the versions, I don't care. I crack EVERYBODY on the planet except Yoda smile.gif

By the way, I use to date Ellen Frauenknecht, she's overrated, HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa, the accent drove me up the wall smile.gif

Everybody's All-American,

Rambo

[ October 29, 2004, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

To the offtopic there is nothing to add from my side as you are and stay No1 in smack talk :D

Concerning the other thing...you saved my day yesterday (was a ****ing day in my job) as i was ROFL when reading this stuff with the different versions.

I dont care any Bug or reload sniffer, i play ppl i can trust nothing else i can do. And i know also for sure that i can trust you as you were once smart enough to nullify a game where my starting chits with the allies were reduced.

I dont crack my opponents but i can win ag everybody ...i dont claim any place ...just to know to be beyond the top is a good feeling ;)

Hey! Point here is this

Fritz version is less forgiving than the American Version. Noone realized that a certian player had a certian advantage till someone pointed them out. Now we all know who they are...

Now someone points out the 'obvious' and it is this... Yugoslavia is less likely to trigger. The dice variable in German version is usually NOT ALWAYS more cautious... Less chance in it and if you interface with it, doesn't matter, your version turns Fritz. I know, I have seen the figures and I'll beta test them for you if you'd like. Yugoslavia without fail with bust in our N.A Version. Always earlier...Whilst in Fritz, it'll wait till very close to Barbarossa, June-July... Plus if you remove units off the Red border AT ALL you're royally screwed, no mistakes. It leaves no room for error there..

The dice variables are weaker, the chance in our N.A Version is a plus1 in most instances and in the Fritz it's 'toned down'

No great advantage to us, but playing a Fritz you'll get burnt if you don't know the Fritz is a different variable and that little 'quality' will make you lose a few times.

Oh and that part about the certian player with a 'certian advantage' EVERYONE who plays them accepts this but a few fools who get their arses whooped by them and he gloats on it... Parle Vouis Francais anyone?

I found them within 4 games... I know I suck pretty bad but hey I'm whooping all the above players but DH and Terif on a 'regular basis' <but I don't get to play them on a regular basis either