Combat Mission to hit North American Retail!

I just returned from Ft. McCoy, here in beautiful Wisconsin. I was there for my two week annual training with the National Guard. I was walking around in the PX and noticed that there were no copies of CMBOSE. Maybe the games weren't there yet, maybe they were sold out, maybe you aren't interested in tapping the military market. I would recommend looking into selling your excellent game in PX's and BX's as much as possible. I speak from experience, and soldiers (can't speak for air force or navy or marines, but I imagine it holds true across the board) love wargames. When I was on active duty, I snapped up every newly released wargame that looked halfway decent. Just an idea, sorry if marketing advice is beyond my purview.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

I just returned from Ft. McCoy, here in beautiful Wisconsin. I was there for my two week annual training with the National Guard. I was walking around in the PX and noticed that there were no copies of CMBOSE. Maybe the games weren't there yet, maybe they were sold out, maybe you aren't interested in tapping the military market. I would recommend looking into selling your excellent game in PX's and BX's as much as possible. I speak from experience, and soldiers (can't speak for air force or navy or marines, but I imagine it holds true across the board) love wargames. When I was on active duty, I snapped up every newly released wargame that looked halfway decent. Just an idea, sorry if marketing advice is beyond my purview.

Wish granted: "Combat Mission Beyond Overlord - Special Edition" is now available in Army Post Exchanges and Air Force/Navy Base Exchanges throughout the United States and its territories (or wherever a U.S. BX or PX is located). Shipments were made to these stores during the 3rd week of July. Look for them to be displayed before the end of July.

Martin

Originally posted by ebergg:

Where can i buy the Retail version?

i went to my local Bestbuy and CompUSA and had no luck. (Boston)

I just heard that Bestbuy has the game on the shelf as well (as does Walmart). Not sure about CompUSA, though.

Martin

Have to ask the question:

When will the Special Edition hit UK/Europe?

I ask because I've just re-installed CMBO having recently finished Ambrose's "Band of Brothers". I'm now having a nightmare trying to remember which mods I had installed previously and should download again to make CMBO look/sound almost as good as CMBB (which, funnily enough, has never really captured me emotionally as CMBO did - theatre of ops perhaps?).

The SE would solve this problem for me!

Thanks, Moon.

Tried Gamestop, but they don't have the SE (at least not yet). I'll try other sites such as EB. Not sure how many will ship to the UK though, since many are funny about that (I believe for reasons of credit card authorisation rather than infringement of distribution rights).

If I can't get hold of the SE, is there an 'ultimate' list of CMBO mods that are considered the 'best' selection? There are simply so many out there, and very few packs such as MadMatt's.

I will search the forum, but I imagine a search around "mods" will provide a weekend's reading in itself!

Thanks again for your help, Moon.

Russkly

Hey there! Been hearing about this game through PC Gamer mostly. There was a review for CMBB (and i think one a long time ago for CMBO), and just recently in one of the specialty sections in the back they had an article about it coming to retail with all the special goodies. Well that was enough for me! I had been intrested in it before, but other things caught my attention and it went out of my mind.

Got to give some praise to you guys, it's a very detailed game with a good 3d engine.

I'd also like to give a special praise for the 200+ page detailed USEFUL manual. It's so hard to find games that come with good, BIG, USEFUL, manuals these days :( I spent a good 2 hours reading the thing before i actually played, and it was much nicer knowing what i was doing ;)

I guess i only have one question:

There are quite a few mods (mostly visual i'd assume?) in the mods folder. Do i have to install each of those manually? Do any of them overwrite the same things?

Welcome to the forum!

The CDV "special Edition" installs the Hi Res terrain and sound mods automactically when you install the game.

The other mods included on the CD will have to be installed manually( so you can pick the ones you like). You should also check out the other great "mod" sites like Combat Mission HQ to find other great additions to your game.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trotter gives props to CM and TacOps 4 in his article in this month's PC Gamer, and the new writer for the MMORPGS section lists CMBB as his #2 game of the month.

That's what I like about that mag. They are a fair and well balanced crew that always puts gameplay over graphics. When they say a game's crap, it'll probably be crap. When they give it high praise, it's probably worth your money. They seem to be the only mainstream mag that still supports wargameing at all. Great mag.

Originally posted by Moon:

Ramelle: Saving Private Ryan

I don't know much about copyright law, but you might want to make sure you contact a lawyer about using the name "Saving Private Ryan" in your product.Just a suggestion.