Combat Mission to hit North American Retail!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boris Balaban:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moon:

Tomorrow is the day! I just heard that EB, Gamestop and other retailers (in US and Canada) should have the Special Edition on the shelves from tomorrow on, and should be fully stocked until friday.

Martin

Tonight I am going to the local EB and buying my copy smile.gif </font>

This is great , been telling people about this game for years .....but you know ........buy on line .........O-my.

So now I can say go down to the mall and GET IT.............

And I will.........

Although I have CMBB I still play CMBO at least twice a month.................

Thank you

BnickB

Dear Ares/Mars,

We thank thee for all the newbies who are about to flood our forums and chatsite(s) looking for enlightenment in the ways of the Combat Mission.

Hallelujah in de highest!! It'll make all the pain of these last few years well worth it. :D

:eek: PS. Did BTS fix the prisoner bug or are we going to have our joys somewhat spiked?

Well I just dropped into EB Games to see if they had Combat Mission and they told me they were sold out. They only had 2 games to start out with so I guess that isn't really a huge accomplishment smile.gif

Too bad. I was really looking forward to drooling over it.

Working at EB a few days a week(I'm a former US Marine taking care of kids is my full time job)I was glad to see this come to retail. With the huge manual and added scenarios this is a steal at $29.99. I started playing it ASAP once I got home and put the kids to bed! Excellent! I loved Tacops 3 and still play it but CMBO kicks arse! Those 60 seconds can be the most intense in any game I've ever played! Great game folks! smile.gif

Ahhhh finally got it. Small problem though.Went to Babages.Saw the box but it was empty. Asked them if that meant that they were out and would get more in. The guy said no they have it but took it out for shoplifting reasons [ although all the other games were in their boxes.]He went in the back and came back with a cardboard sleeve in a plastic bag.Cash paid and I go home. I get home ,open the sleeve ,feel the nice heavy manual and then find that there is no CD in the sleeve and the mall is now closed.After a tense day of waiting I go back tell them my tale of woe.The day manager said that the night managers' policy is to remove the games and seperate the game and manual.A policy that the clerk did not know.Gave me a new copy instead of just the cd , which was fine with me since the nice box got kinda squished a momentary fit of rage.

[ June 11, 2003, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: brigade101 ]

Yea that is an even more extreme policy than ours at EB. We keep the manuals and CD-ROM together. It does suck you had that problem but we are left with very little alternatives. Our store for example is too small to put in a sensor system so removing the games from the boxes is the only option to use.

CMBO surpasses the Steel Panthers franchise in pure wargaming pleasure! Got the last copy at the local EBgames store one week ago - totally addicted now. Thank you Battlefront for creating such a masterpiece and for finally allowing retail distribution. Been a board wargamer since 1961 (anyone remember '1863' from Life magazine & distributed by Parker Bros.?) and computer wargamer since the early 80s (e.g. Combat Leader on C64) - I have never played such a realistic and gratifying wargame as CMBO! Is there any chance of a CM: Modern Battles being produced after the North African sequel?

We have been asked in the past where to obtain copies of the Special Edition in retail. Below is a list we just got from CDV, our distribution partner, of stores/chains which are currently carrying the title.

Martin

>>>>

Canada

> ENTREPRISES FREEGAME INC

> SOFTWARE EMPORIUM INC.

> VIRGIN MEGASTORE

> LONDON DRUGS LIMITED

> RADIO SHACK ASC / PC HOME ELEC

> ELECTRONICS BOUTIQUE CANADA

> BESTBYTE COMPUTER

> GROUPE ARCHAMBAULT, INC.

> THE COMPUTER STORE

> MICROPLAY 48

> AL'S TV & ELECTRONICS LTD.

> MICROPLAY 121

> CONSOLIDATED COMPUTER TECHNOLOGIES (CCT)

> GLC AUDIO VIDEO

> LES LIBRAIRIE BOYER LTD

> SECURITE INFORMATIQUE 2000

> LOBLAW COMPANIES EAST

> GAME SHACK

USA

> VISCO ENTERTAINMENT INC

> SOFTWARE SUPPORT

> CHIPS & BITS

> J&R MUSIC/COMPUTER - BILLING

> COMPUEXPERT

> SOFTWARE SUPPORT

> GAMESTOP INC

> ELECTRONICS BOUTIQUE USA

> NAVARRE CORP. (distributing to numerous local software shops)

Hello Tinjaw, we do not stock the Special Edition, so we cannot offer such an exchange. You would have to direct such a request to CDV USA directly, and while they certainly wouldn't give you the Special Edition for free, they might give a discount to previous owners of the original release. Or maybe not, but it might be worth a try.

Martin