The two most frustrating features of SC1

Sombra

redface.gif I love SC1 but there are two things that let me jump up and down sometimes in front of the screen:

1. The "siberians" never arrive on time. Either the axis players takes its time and kills the armies north and south first before he triggers them or if you are able to defend yourself well for some time either you are to strong or it is to late for the siberians to appear... I hope for an improvement there in SC2... Who knows?

2. Tech: Research is simply sometimes the most frustrating feature of SC. Researching and researching without getting nothing can lead to serious depressions as hellraiser can testify.... tongue.gif At least in SC2 there seem to be very big improvements in this field. Regaridn not instant upgrade of troops etc...

Originally posted by Qyusson:

e kuniworth, if pple want to talk about a game thats , even, 20yrs old, why should that be a problem.. SC is outdated but still a nice game..not worth the many hours of play to become very strong maybe, but still a good game

You sound like a traitor to sc 2? :confused:

;) You see Kuniworth , Hubert is still lurking in the shadow. tongue.gif

Why should SC be dead? Still many people are playing SC. At the Panzerliga alone round about 65 players participated SC-league games in the last season (Juni-Dezember 2004 ) . That is still a lot of active players.

Besides I like to play old games which offer a lot of fun : Master of Orion1+2, Master of Magic, PG1 I would love to play but it doesn´t run anymore on Windows XP. Good games never die....

yeah, i recently quit a game vs sombra because researching with full investment over 1 year and not getting anything beside LR1 is very frustrating ... combined with ridiculous rolls i've been getting lately made me consider taking a break from playing SC, until i feel the 'luck' comes back ;)

OK, the huge luck i had in the past (like getting jets 5 by 1941 with only 2 or 3 chits) is not normal at all. Extremes suck.

TBH no one would have quit that game - it was a very nice game, I played Axis above average I think, Allies had some nice losses but the research part was a joke. And besides that, I had a strange feeling that Sombra's russians would have a huge luck in research ... ;)

Yes, Hellraiser I was a little bit surprised that you did quit the game. The game wasn´t decided at all... smile.gif Besides you didn´t make any big mistakes besides your start into Barbarossa which sucked ;)

When you have recovered we have to play again...

yeah, barbie sucked because i wanted to keep air superiority over France for some turns ... and your russian tanks were at least M1A1 - had to use 3 units on each and the minsk tank even survived 3 strikes ... a lot of my troops did minimum damage and they were supported by 2-3 stars HQs ... come on :(

anyway, i have some ongoing game which i plan to finish and after that i'll take a well deserved break ...