Strategic Command v1.04 Patch Released! Details Within

Madmatt

We have released the latest patch for Strategic Command today bringing it up to version 1.04. We have also updated the demo to also incorporate those same changes.

Startegic Command- European Theater v1.04 Patch Download Page

Note: I am not sure if previous save games will work or not. I stated that they would not on the download page to play it safe. Still waiting for Hubert to confirm/deny this.

Version Notes:

Changes Made For v1.04 (September 4, 2002)

- removed CD contents check

- reduced CPU usage during idle times to ~10% (applies to both SC and

Campaign Editor)

- reduced memory usage, significant performance improvement on lower end systems

- eliminated crash when trying to load from previous saved game versions, now

displays warning message with appropriate course of action

- improved AI planning and assessment of priorities, decisions should be

slightly more intuitive

- slight delay and better coordination for Allied amphibious assaults (units

properly line along port areas prior to initial amphibious launch)

- killed theme sound playback when SC window minimized

- fixed FoW bug for research table, now shows all contents when 'Game Over'

- fixed supply linking for HQ's, friendly HQ's can act as supply sources for

each other

- fixed FoW replay bug

- fixed Russia neutral bug, in some cases the Axis AI would still not declare war

on Russia

- US amphibious planning after UK surrender improved, limits fruitless attempts

- Germany surrendering rule adjusted, takes better account of post capital loss

situation

- added SU cruiser to Black Sea fleet, only appears in 1939, 1940 campaigns for now

- systems that do not have 'dx7vb.dll' registered will have this automatically

registered by the game if needed

Edit: Fixed the link!

[ September 09, 2002, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Hubert Cater ]

We both switched to v1.04 and didn't see any problems with over a dozen PBEM exchanges. FWIW, our unofficial assessment is that v1.03 games are fully compatible with v1.04. Someone somewhere may prove otherwise, but the latest patch should work fine for everyone. Good luck.

It's not the price or the "look of the game, it's whether the creators keep an eye on it and seek to improve when possible.

I think Battlefront is doing a lot to secure my purchase (sorry folks this poor schmuck has hardly bought squat this year inside or outside of the hobby).

But it looks like SC will remain high on mylist of games to keep an eye on (hope I don't miss it entirely).

As it goes, I think it might be a front runner soon. It games a scale I don't really have at the moment (Axis and Allies only goes so far to a real wargammer).

Going to check out the new demo and see if I am missing anything smile.gif

Note: I am not sure if previous save games will work or not. I stated that they would not on the download page to play it safe. Still waiting for Hubert to confirm/deny this.

Thanks for the post Matt! All previously saved games from 1.02 and 1.03 are compatible, games from 1.0 will no longer cause the game to crash, now you will receive a warning message.

Enjoy!

Hubert

At least I can play the Demo!!! I ordered the game last Wesnday and they say after you order it 2-4 weeks shipping because I live in Canada...

TroyCfun

PS... I wish I could just have downloaded it. Very fustrating playing the demo and always stops after a year. I have paid just have to wait..lol!