An authenthic fake sky mod

We're all MUCH too conservative with our own mods, these great mods show that! Where are the night skies with burning cities on the horizon? Where are the blood spattered, bullet-riddled buildings? I modified someone else's good blue sky awhile ago, added several realistic looking B24 bomber contrails a mile or so up. Talk about 'Big Sky!

Great work, I want them

BTW I've solved the trivia.

1) Picasso's Guernica - Who mentioned burning cities?

2) Starry Skies, Van Gogh - Anyone fancies a night at Cheneux?

3) Les Montres Molles (Soft Watches), Salvador Dali - I hate hate that counter in TCP/IP.

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: McAuliffe ]

Those buildings burning in the background look really good, russellmz! Can you post a larger pic showing how it looks along a broad horizon?

Also, a small suggestion: When a lot of buildings/trees/whatnot burn, the smoke collects together into a dark cloud, the size of which depends on the ammount of stuff burning. As it goes higher and higer into the sky, the smoke dissipates slowly, but its almost always thick close to the earth.

Just a suggestion. Im still waiting for the psychodelic skies :D;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Commissar:

Those buildings burning in the background look really good, russellmz! Can you post a larger pic showing how it looks along a broad horizon?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes...yes i can.

russell-burningcity2.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Also, a small suggestion: When a lot of buildings/trees/whatnot burn, the smoke collects together into a dark cloud, the size of which depends on the ammount of stuff burning. As it goes higher and higer into the sky, the smoke dissipates slowly, but its almost always thick close to the earth.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you got a pic of an example of that? i just took the city in the middle of the map, went way the hell back as i could, took a snap, then reduced the size and repeated it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Just a suggestion. Im still waiting for the psychodelic skies :D;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

unless you got one made by a world renown artist, you're gonna have to do your lucy in the sky with diamonds sky mod sans me :P

the thing im concerned with is that the cit covers the entire 360 degree horizon. what % should a city cover? very little or most or all?

[ 08-15-2001: Message edited by: russellmz ]