Tiborhead vs his girlfriend update!

Hello. The other day a made a post concerning how my girlfriend has become hooked on CM smile.gif

and the results of our first clash (to recap,

I won with a score of something like 83 to 17 or something). She didn't do too bad for her first time at bat though. I also mentioned how a rematch was scheduled for yesterday and a few of you seemed interested in hearing the results. Well, we only got to turn 13 (she takes upwards of 1 hour to plot her moves) so

this is just an update.

The game is a 1000 pt. ME with a 25% bonus for her. I'm the Germans, she's the Americans(even though I suggested she play as the Germans, but I think she doesn't want to be associated with nazis :rolleyes smile.gif

Feeling guilty about having a Tiger in the last battle, I chose a reg Stug and a marder,

with a vet PZgrenadier co. and a 81mm spotter. The map is is short in length but long in width with the VLs (3) located on a straight road about 200 meters apart. The terrain is sorta hilly with patches of tall pines and scattered trees on my side and a few scattered trees and grain fields on her side. Already I feel that I have a slight advantage over her in terrain. Oh how wrong I was redface.gif.

So here goes.

Turns 1-2: not much to tell. I order my company up to the start of the tall pines.

I have the stug and Marder lag behind a little

Turn 3-4: just before my leftmost platoon can get in cover of the trees, a deadly acurate barrage of arty hits accompanied by MG fire from a high ridge overlooking my whole front.

Don't know how I missed that. The result is one routed HMG team and a bunch of shaken infantry.

Turn 5: by this time, most of my left platoon

is in or around a 2 story heavy building overlooking the left and center VL. They spot some infantry on the high ridge and open fire. At the same time, my center platoon is headed through the pines toward the center VL

when they come to a road that has direct LOS with the dreaded high ridge. As soon as I step foot on the road, more arty fire begins to drop on me :eek:. Much to my astonishment, I have suffered very few casualties thus far.

Turn 6: 2 squads of Left platoon continues to pour suppression fire on the ridge while the third bravely pushes forward to the left most VL about 20 yards away, located in a patch of

scattered trees. All of a sudden, a HE shell blasts the 2 story house. Then another, and another. They are comming from 2 sherman 105s

(?) on a ridge on the right flank. I send my marder into action to try and flank the sherms with the help of the uncommited right platoon. The center platoon, with the help of the Stug, begin to pummel a group of infantry in a patch of trees directly in front of their positions. All seems well until the house goes up in flames at the end of the turn. :mad:

Turns 7-9: With the house ablaze, the left platoon rushes out of the house toward the left VL only to be greated by HE and MG fire from the sherms on the hill as well as an enemy inf platoon in a set of trees 100 meters from the VL. My spotter finally gets a good LOS and begins dropping smoke on the sherms halfway into turn 8. The center platoon with the Stug has great success with the infantry in front of them and sends them retreating behind a small hill :D. Right platoon gains good ground in support of the Marder on the right flank which is in a small valley and thus out of enemy LOS. Or so I think.

Turn 10-13: With the center and right VLs taken and secured, and the left still in question, I think I have it made. Then out of nowhere on turn 10, small arms fire from a treeline about 120 meters away knocks out my marder :mad:, and begins to assualt my right

platoon. The left platoon is now taking heavy losses from tank, arty, and all sorts of small arms fire and is forced to withdraw into the treeline behind the buring house.

I call in arty support on turn 11 to help right platoon hold the right flank as I expect a strong push from that side. It finally starts to drop at the begining of turn 13. I also decide to pull some troops from center platoon to help the battered left

platoon.

Well, that's the story so far. Sorry for the long winded post, but I think it's all kinda funny. We're supposed to finish tonight so I'll keep you posted.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tiborhead:

...(she takes upwards of 1 hour to plot her moves)...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

She's gotta be a latent Grog, no other can do that. Congrats on your choice. You two will have many hours of bliss -- on the battlefield. Your first lovers spat will surely be over a gamey move. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzerman:

What will you do dump here? :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

God, I hope he doesn't dump here! He can dump her if he wants, but this place already has a cesspool and he can dump there if he wants, but not here.

:D

By the way, has she bought an assault boat yet? Old joke. Last year, some guy taught his wife to play and while playing their first or 2nd game, he spent 2 or 3 turns attacking what he thought was a jeep? only to find out it was an assault boat parked in the middle of nowhere. LOL.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juardis:

God, I hope he doesn't dump here! He can dump her if he wants, but this place already has a cesspool and he can dump there if he wants, but not here.

By the way, has she bought an assault boat yet? Old joke. Last year, some guy taught his wife to play and while playing their first or 2nd game, he spent 2 or 3 turns attacking what he thought was a jeep? only to find out it was an assault boat parked in the middle of nowhere. LOL.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats right maybe not here but there is good.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tiborhead:

Already I feel that I have a slight advantage over her in terrain. Oh how wrong I was redface.gif.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i TOLD you not to get cocky... smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Turn 10-13: With the center and right VLs taken and secured, and the left still in question, I think I have it made. Then out of nowhere on turn 10, small arms fire from a treeline about 120 meters away knocks out my marder :mad:, and begins to assualt my right platoon.

The left platoon is now taking heavy losses from tank, arty, and all sorts of small arms fire and is forced to withdraw into the treeline behind the buring house.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow, a coordinated combined arms attack! impressive...

Hey, thanks for the update. It wasn't too windy as far as I'm concerned. Very interesting and kind of funny. Funny only in that looks like a girl is beating you. smile.gif She's what I call a "sleeper", or She's probably got hooked up with somebody from this site who is helping her. ;) Well, good luck, sounds like you may need it ;) and do keep us posted.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Johnson-<THC>-:

Don't make any bets before your next game, she sounds like she is a quick learner and has an axe to grind with you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah you're right. I wonder if this is some manifestaton of some inner hatred toward me.

:confused:

And yes she is a quick learner. First battle I creamed but good. now....?

I don't know, I still remain optimistic however. I still have my Stug and a bunch of 81mm mortar from my FO. It should prove to be a climactic ending. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Originally posted by tiborhead:

CM hustler...I creamed but good <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess this idea might hold some interest for people after all. :eek:

I thought the whole point of you playing against your girlfriend was to bring you closer???

[ 06-27-2001: Message edited by: Enoch ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Enoch:

I thought the whole point of you playing against your girlfriend was to bring you closer???

[ 06-27-2001: Message edited by: Enoch ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is if you think about it. Aside from the healthy level of competition, we spent about 5 hours playing yesterday. Usually one of reads while the other takes the computer (she usually plays Diablo 2). So, It is sorta bringing us closer, we're just developing a

slight suspicion of one another is all

(Hmm I bet she's plotting against me at work). :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scipio:

tiborhead, can you send me a backup?

I mean of your girlfriend, not of the game. I will try to install it on local hardware :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure. I'll make a copy of her tonight and send it to ya. :D Seroiusly though, I don't know how I found her. If you only knew the crap she lets me get away with. smile.gif

She's great.

As far as her being a member of the forum, I don't know. I suppose it's possible though.

Someone suggested I tell her about the forum

so she could get some 3rd party advice.

It doesn't look as though she needs it though.

[ 06-27-2001: Message edited by: tiborhead ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>hmmmmm, how do you know she's not on this board already? Maybe she's MadMatt, or David Aitken, or PanzerMan? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Lol,Yes she could be reading all of this right now.You sound like a lucky man to me,All my wife will play are online card games.IMO it's like watching paint dry.