Hey General, we have a MAJOR Announcement --->

Welcome modsluts, is this what you have been waiting for?

Major changes afoot this month. We are very happy to announce that CM Outpost and Combat-Missions are joining forces to combine our efforts to bring you mods, reviews and drool inducing previews. Both sites will retain their identities, Combat-Missions will continue to bring you the mods and all the other services Manx provides so well, CM Outpost will provide comparisons of the mods and will return to teasing you with snapshots of forthcoming mods, provided by the mod authors and their test teams.

To cement the combination of the two sites we are very proud to be allowed to offer a very special mod, jointly hosted by the two sites. Magua has completed version 1 of his new Normandy Terrain, this Mod amounts to about 20mb (if you are a total mod slut and want both bright and subdued versions) and is split over 7 files. As a result we have divided the files over both sites to allow the bandwidth to be shared and hopefully keep both sites up during the expected feeding frenzy. We have a standby plan in case either should have difficulties. Time will tell if it works.

Enough waffle, to get to the files go here and here.

I would like to express my thanks to Magua and Manx for helping make this possible.

DG

[ 06-16-2001: Message edited by: DraGoon ]

Run, don't walk to get these mods! Poplar trees, ivy clad building walls. I am using the "subdued" version and it is amazing.

Although the new half-timbered two story building (white one) really makes me wish I could turn on anti-aliasing w/o messing up my text. The detail is fantastic.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DraGoon:

We are very happy to announce that CM Outpost and Combat-Missions are joining <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awesome idea! It's still getting better and better! smile.gif

Anybody have a problam with file 3 the building file?? I get a bad "CRC ad7of68d (should be 4a025d4)" I dont know what it means but I cant get the file?? Its for Bitmap 325 only?? anybody who has this file can you send it to me please.

SS Peiper

Gentlemen ,

this is not only an " exclusive " Normandy setup ! Many of the terrain files ( Bocage , trees , tree bases , walls , some of the buildings etc. ) will make it to my main CM setup as well ( I´d never thought that I had to replace my beloved DD files with something different..). Can´t wait to see more stuff from Magua.

:eek: Outstanding work :eek:

Cheers

Tom

P.S.: Peiper is correct: there is an error with file 325.bmp from the buildings zip. Please fix it or do somefink.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS Peiper:

Anybody have a problam with file 3 the building file?? I get a bad "CRC ad7of68d (should be 4a025d4)" I dont know what it means but I cant get the file?? Its for Bitmap 325 only?? anybody who has this file can you send it to me please.

SS Peiper<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got the same error. I am also noticing white speckles on the tree bases for woods/tall pines. Anyone else notice this?

COMBAT MISSIONS is hosting Files 1, 2, 5;

File 325.BMP is in D/L File 4 - Buildings - (hosted at CM OUTPOST). DraGoon said he might be going out this afternoon so he might not be around to check it out.

Is this a universal problem??..if it works for some and not others then it has to a assumed that the d/l is ok.

About the speckles -- Read the instructions...Magua does mention some stuff about some minor problems with tree's etc. etc.

[ 06-16-2001: Message edited by: Manx ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Manx:

About the speckles -- Read the instructions...Magua does mention some stuff about some minor problems with tree's etc. etc.

[ 06-16-2001: Message edited by: Manx ][/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to be a pain in the ass but I looked in all of the readmes and didn't find any mention. I thought maybe I had done something wrong but the speckles are there even when you open the file with any BMP editor (Paint or PSP Pro). No big deal for me to fix for myself really.

Should have mentioned it before I complained but this is an excellent set of terrain mods! I will probably be using most of them all of the time from now on.

Great work Magua! :cool:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Manx:

Taken from "Instructions.txt" (instructions.zip)

"there are some rough bits (*cough* trees...) so please look quickly in the other direction when you spot the odd purple hued pixel." - MAGUA<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, Manx. Guess I didn't look close enough. redface.gif

Thanks for pointing that out.

Hi,

Sorry some people are having trouble with the 325 file in the zip. I hope its the only gremlin.

Those white spots in the woods, they are intentional. They are, well, er ....flowers.

Guess it did'nt work!

Right!...there is a small (147k) d/l that just contains 325.BMP -- i have just successfully downloaded it and opened it. I hope this fixes any problems people were having. It's on the Normandy d/l page at CMs.

[ 06-16-2001: Message edited by: Manx ]