Aussies - We want you!!!!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Perth has a bit of a CM cult following!

Hey, g'day Pat!!

AussieJeff - now permanento PERTH (jeffctvs@bigpond.com)

Ex: Sydney, Kapooka, Bandiana, WaggaWagga, Toowoomba, Brisbane, Holdsworthy etc ...... well waddya expect when ya join the bloody Army Aviation Corps??? hehe

:D

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: AussieJeff ]</p>

You Australians are weak, weak as water!

Where's that mad dog Aussie spirit that made No CM Here In Australia, Yet one of the great threads of the CM Board?!

You people have lost your will. Austalia is floundering.

As one dedicated to the desire to 'Crush All Australians', I am appalled at the low turnout on this thread.

Is this "The Sub-Continent that Launched a Thousand Beers"? Or the land of "I Can't Stop Drinking Long Enough to Post" ?

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: Seanachai ]</p>

[Putting down his Chardonnay, Ogadai accepted another peeled and pitted grape from the beauteous wench serving his every whim and said...]

Personally, I prefer not to necessarily get involved in such ugly self-proclaimations of prowess, they are so unAustralian (to quote a certain redhead).

I am in Adelaide, BTW.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gibsonm:

Count me in.

Mark Gibson

gibsonm@bigpond.net.au

Sydney

Seanachai - you sound like you are from that lapsed Rugby nation, French Cricket side and pretend Netball team from the other side of the ditch !! Or maybe just living in Coogee?<hr></blockquote>

Now this, this I can respect!

I have absolutely no idea what he's on about, but I can respect his desire to be a useless Australian, and posting !

Come, Australia! I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Seanachai:

Come, Australia! I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow!<hr></blockquote>Do you like your Iron Crosses boiled or grilled. Perhaps you would prefer a traditional Aussie BBQ I'm just about to toss another StuG on right now.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Simon Fox:

Do you like your Iron Crosses boiled or grilled. Perhaps you would prefer a traditional Aussie BBQ I'm just about to toss another StuG on right now.<hr></blockquote>

Boiled? Foxibus, you have no soul. Grilled, please.

Seanachai,

My mistake. A quick review of your profile shows me that you are from MN USA and here was I thinking you came from a near neighbour of ours NZ (where 10,000,000 sheep let 3,000,000 people think that they run the country).

My regards to AussieJeff and pbhawkins. I wear a black hat for a living.

Seanachai - Stop waffling and be the first to hav e the balls to send a setup and be skewered like the inconsequential foreigner you are.

Sigh. I don't see why we have to put up with the likes of you, except to roundly beat you.

This could degenerate if we don't stop the waffling now chaps.

Well guys, I reckon we should treat Shornofalldignity's offer to give us pretty yellow stars to sew on our sweaty blue singlets with extreme caution. His name sounds Irish to me and all Aussies know that the Irish are sneaky bastards and cannot be trusted. Mainly because we are mostly Irish ourselves. But thats beside the point.

Have to admire his spirit though, so he must have been an Aussie in a previous life. It's because of this possibility that I vote we spare him. Perhaps just locking him away somewhere safe like the PENG thread where he can fantasize about crushing Australians without irritating anyone that matters.

Not aussie at all, just a question

How is the football situation down there? Everyone follow english or Aussie teams high on tthe ranks? I am, of course *said in a very dry tone* refering to football, not the eggchasing that those yanks are on about in the general forum.

Vskalex,

"Football" here covers a multitude of versions (each of which is dominant in one or more states). Currently being summer here it is the off season and national sides are mostly on trips.

Your interpretation (11 men, spherical ball) we call "soccer" and here we are playing Uraguay in the next round of the World Cup.

Then there is AFL ("Aussie Rules") with 18 per side and two levels of points (goals = 6 and behinds = 1) depending on which set of posts you kick the ball trough. This is based very roughly on Gaelic(?) Football and is very popular in the southern states.

Next is Rugby Union which like your "football" is another global game with 15 per side. We are currently touring Europe (and in a brilliant ploy, lost our 1st game to the English).

Next is Rugby League which is a variant on Rugby Union and a more commercial sport (albeit a slower game in my opinion). This has 13 players and is popular in the eastern states. Again they are touring Europe currently.

American Football (yanks call it NFL) is played by very few people here.

Hope that helps.