I can't think of one so please just look at this

Sorry bout the subject title but it would have been as long as this message so here's my question. Why is it that all the posts are now wider then my forum screen allows? I have to use the left and right scroll button to read the posts and it's boring and slow. Is there something I can do to my computer or is everybody just doing this on purpose? And if so please stop it. :D Just kidding but it's really a pain in the behind to have to scroll every post like that. Anybody know how to correct or is it just tough stuff? I really hope somebody can help. Please don't make me go to my computer guy for help. He's expensive. Thanks in advance.

Ok I just noticed that not all posts are these wide ones mentioned above so what gives? It must be just certain individuals causing this, right? And if I am correct is there something I can do to persuade everyone to not do this? Hope this isn't coming across wrong, just it's a pain in the rear and must be for everyone I'd think.

If somebody posts a picture, that usually will cause the condition you describe. UBB has to allow the picture to override the normal text formatting cannot be formatted the way rules, so when people post BIG pictures, it may need 2 full screens to display.

Also, some browsers seem to make this happen as well; they just don't format correctly. Also, many people type their text into a word processing program to do spellchecking etc and then copy/paste, and sometimes the formatting gets wacked during the transition from word processor to New Post window.

I don't think there's any cure, unfortunately.

DjB

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by lcm1947:

Sorry bout the subject title but it would have been as long as this message so here's my question. Why is it that all the posts are now wider then my forum screen allows? I have to use the left and right scroll button to read the posts and it's boring and slow. Is there something I can do to my computer or is everybody just doing this on purpose? And if so please stop it. :D Just kidding but it's really a pain in the behind to have to scroll every post like that. Anybody know how to correct or is it just tough stuff? I really hope somebody can help. Please don't make me go to my computer guy for help. He's expensive. Thanks in advance.<hr></blockquote>

You could try increasing the resolution of your desktop. I use 1200x1600 and never have to scroll sideways ;)

Make sure to open the BTS forums in a new window/ If you open it straight from the BTS website, you have the menu to the left of the screen taking up a lot of space, causing many forum messeges to not fit on the screen.

I have the BTS forums, in a seperate webpage to maximize room, as my homepage :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bullethead:

You could try increasing the resolution of your desktop. I use 1200x1600 and never have to scroll sideways ;) <hr></blockquote>

I use 800 X 600. I said that just because I thought it was relevant and a good suggestion for a resolution size.

smile.gif

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: Major Concussion ]</p>