Nice article about CM and it's mods.

Guest Scott Clinton

Thanks Scott,

They have pre-announced this great article and now it is finally here!

OMG!!! This features CMHQ! Matt, KD, CCJ, you all must read this!

I am going to make sure they don't miss out WBW and Manx...

I think you should also subscribe to their wargaming newsletter which you can get a look for what is happening in the wargaming community in general.

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

[This message has been edited by GriffinCheng+ (edited 01-31-2001).]

An excellent overview of our favorite game's mod-ishness. And another trophy for BTS's growing "I love me" wall.

Made me apprecieate anew how special this game and it's followers are. I'm seeing a real community here in these posts and web sites. Sort of makes a lie out of all the talk of computer geeks not being sociable. (Of course, the fact that I'd never want to meet any of you strange people in person is irrelevant!)<g>

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by gunnergoz:

(Of course, the fact that I'd never want to meet any of you strange people in person is irrelevant!)<g>

We usually have a good time when we get together for drinkies in London, or go to climb on AFVs in random museums.

Which reminds me: DRINK!

Londoners email me please.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Wow, congratulations all. The CDMAG five star, out of five star rating many months ago was the initial reason I got CM. I've found them over the years to be pretty accurate and unbiased in their assessments and reviews.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

I love seeing my name in print. Of course, it's a little bit like watching the replay of the football match you went to, and saying to everyone, "Look! Look! That's me, the blob of blue in the 3rd row of the bleachers!" smile.gif

I also did an interview for the 3rd anniversary of TAMEC, the Total Annihilation map center, and that should be coming out soon as well. Anyway, highly cool! Thanks for the plug!

------------------

DeanCo--

CM interface mods: http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

so many games...so little time

Originally posted by Germanboy:

We usually have a good time when we get together for drinkies in London, or go to climb on AFVs in random museums.

Which reminds me: DRINK!

Londoners email me please.

Wow, you have museums where you can CLIMB on the AFV's? The only worthwhile museum o'armour around here (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) has you just looking at the stuff. I wouldn't mind getting the chance to climb atop a Sherman, or a Mk. IV, or a T-34

<sigh>

Bart

------------------

"I have slipped the

surly bonds of earth...."

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Barticus:

Wow, you have museums where you can CLIMB on the AFV's?

Well, it is not allowed everywhere of course, but in some places nobody watches all the time, so if you are careful not to break anything you can get a good peek. Bovington also has an open-cut Panzer III N where you can climb into the turret and see how the crew positions worked.

Which reminds me - Peter what happened to those interior pictures of the Panzer IV in Bovington.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Originally posted by Germanboy:

Well, it is not allowed everywhere of course, but in some places nobody watches all the time, so if you are careful not to break anything you can get a good peek. Bovington also has an open-cut Panzer III N where you can climb into the turret and see how the crew positions worked.

Which reminds me - Peter what happened to those interior pictures of the Panzer IV in Bovington.

You can climb on the AFVs at the Museum of the Regiments in Calgary, as well, though their vehicle park is limited to a Sherman, a Churchill crocodile (sans trailer), a Universal Carrier, a 1970s Lyns and I believe a Centurion.

Originally posted by Scott Clinton:

www.cdmag.com

Hehe, how cool. The hamsters were even right down at the bottom where a cesspool-related mod ought to be. Saving this for my html scrapbook. =)

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

"I'd rather the Bees than your Mask of Shame." - Stuka

The True Blue Aussie Slang Source

The Unofficial Vic Bitter Website

Nice article! Hats off to BTS for allowing the gamers some control over the skins.

There is only one other game that I was this fun ... SL of course. But heck, CM has blown by that old memory.

Ever trying drawing a camo. Panzer on a 1/4 inch square piece of cardboard. Just kidding. biggrin.gif

Again, nice article E.D.