which panzer iv mod do you have?

I use a slightly modified version of Fernando's Tri- and Ambush Camo PzIV mod. Slightly modified as in a slight contrast change to bring out the color a bit better.

I also use Gordon's Hasty Camo version as seen above in my DFDR install. Gordon also supplied me with a wire mess version of the turret schuerzten. Looks pretty decent in the DFDR environment.

Oh sure they look great, but as Slapdragon has said about Shermans, "They die faster than Redshirts on Star Trek"..

I just lost THREE of them, two vets and a regular to a single U.S. greyhound. They had him pinned down, but he backed up, and snuck up on them taking pot shots. The combination of a slow ROF, slow turret, and paper-thin armor will get you every time.. Damn,

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

Oh sure they look great, but as Slapdragon has said about Shermans, "They die faster than Redshirts on Star Trek"..

I just lost THREE of them, two vets and a regular to a single U.S. greyhound. They had him pinned down, but he backed up, and snuck up on them taking pot shots. The combination of a slow ROF, slow turret, and paper-thin armor will get you every time.. Damn,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is another quote for you. "Whoever saw a MK IV run out of ammo?" And of course, you have stated the reason quite well.

Someone, maybe Kitty, did a Sherman mod that had it wearing a red star treck shirt.

I've got Fernando's ambush schemed PzKpfw IV w/out wire mesh. I love it but I also have the latest hasty camo version sitting in storage waiting to get shot by a little 'ol Stuart or something. Both mods are quite nice, it's just that I prefer ambush schemes.

As for PzKpfw IVs not running out of ammo, I only had ONE time this had happen. Allied armor was cleared but there was still lots of infantry running around. I was surprised a bazooka did not take it out so late in the game but the green enemy infantry probably scared the ground more than my panzer crew. Ran out of MG ammo and HE rounds and resorted to AP on the infantry. Hate to imagine what happens when you get hit by an AP round...

My primary Pz is Fernando's Tricolor (non-ambush) scheme (pictured above).

My next goto is Gordon's "hasty" (jugend?)scheme. I remember painting that same scheme on a Tamiya kit years ago. Had a little motor that kit:

PzIV_3.JPG

For early war scenarios, I use my own gray two-tone PzIII:

PzIII_3.JPG

[ 07-29-2001: Message edited by: bfamily33 ]

Warmaker, you are slandering the hallowed Tiger I mod that Kwazydog brought into existance with MDMP-2. You horrible, horrible man. ;):D

Seriously, I still use that mod after all this time. Best Tiger I in my opinion.

i somehow like John "Tiger" S. Tiger I mod better. I use them both but Tiger's colouring scheme is more appealing to the eye.

Btw, why arent there any decent mods for Konigstiger? I use Kitty's mod, but it isn't that good looking for High res.

Commonwealth vihicles could use some modding as well.