Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Tournament of Stars - In or Out?

In order to make Mike and Charl's job easier I've created this thread. Please respond here if you intend on remaining in the Tournament under the rules agreed upon at the inception of the event.

Mike and Charl...if this thread is not helpful, please post to it and request its termination.

Ok...first vote to me.

Claymore (Murray) = I want to continue.

I'm not playing in the tournaments - I'm no star, that's for sure - but I've enjoyed reading about it.

I have every sympathy for Treeburst's position. He feels pretty pissed off that people have been making life difficult for him and doing everything they can to score a 'win'. Having run a number of RPG's and wargames over the last few years, and been an administrator and builder for a MUD, I can sympathise with his position - there are some industrial-strength wankers out there.

You're damn right, Treeburst, to get annoyed with these people. They sometimes makes you lose interest in the whole business. I suggest you unplug your PC, put your Combat Mission CD somewhere safe, and go and get absolutely ratarsed for an evening. Stick the tournaments on hold for a week.

Then, in a week's time, name and shame those people who've been making your lives a misery. At the end of the day, they're ruining it for everyone else because of their point-grabbing mentality.

Don't you people realise it's not about a few points and a win? This is a damn game. No matter how much you may love it, does it really, really matter that much if you win? So, you'll get some fine South African wines. No offence Winecape - I like SA wines, but they wouldn't make me fight tooth and nail for a few points. smile.gif

Treeburst, stick their damn names up, and we'll mock them loud and long for being so sad that winning is all that matters to them.

I've really enjoyed watching the whole tournament thing evolve. Maybe a week's break is all you need. Maybe you'll choose not to run another one (and I wouldn't blame you). But leave the decision until you've had time to think it over. We value your contribution to the happy asylum that is this board, and we've enjoyed the tournaments so far.

And you bastards reading this - if you agree, then bellow YES and make the man know you love him.

Man, it's a mother beautiful tournament...so many positive waves :D

I'm still in.

I'd also be willing to help however possible, as much as possible for someone still participating. If we had the maps and a few people willing to set up battles, I don't see why it could not continue as originally envisioned in all its glory by Treeburst and Winecape.

Note that Treeburst is not necessarily pissed off because of the "stars" tournament. There are other tournaments as well.

Now, I would love to continue the tournament, but if Treeburst is simply not having fun anymore, then he's made the right choice. As much as I'd love to finish the tournament.

Actually, as I said before, I'd love to play all of the opponents assigned to me. Tournament or no tournament. Scorekeeping or no scorekeeping.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Soddball:

Having run a number of RPG's and wargames over the last few years, and been an administrator and builder for a MUD, I can sympathise with his position - there are some industrial-strength wankers out there.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WARNING! COMPLETELY OT! Out of curiosity, which mud?

I played Perilous Realms for about a year, then lost interest when I found out how diabolical it was. I then started playing Archipelago (essex uni MUD) which mutated into Tempora Heroica, where I started building. That was about 4 years ago but I have stopped now since there were more immorts than players and I found that with a job and gf the amount of time you can distribute to yourself is limited :(

Don't tell me you're a mudder too. Shame on you. Don't you know it's an unhealthy addiction? :D

Me? Mud? Well... yeah.

LegendMUD for 3 years.

Good place, got taken over by too many 12 year olds. I used to play around 3 hours a day, then all of a sudden half the players on had names taken from either WWF wrestlers or Robert Jordan characters. So I decided to cut back a bit ;)

Anyway, yes, OT, we now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Not only would I like to continue to play in ToS, but I fervently hope that the once upcoming tourney "Rumblings of War" gets resurrected.

Regards,

John Kettler

PS

Since I'm somewhat brain fried at present and have had terrible connection problems for several days now, would someone please repost the complete contest rules for ToS?