Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Super Bowl Predictions

Guest MantaRay

Let's see - I predict the commercials will be better than the game, but of course, Canadian TV will block out the good commericals anyway so I'll never know.

Have you guys ever tried watching Canadian football? Bigger field, more men on the field, deeper endzone, lots more scoring. I have a hard time getting up for this overhyped yawnfest in which at best perhaps three touchdowns will be scored by both sides.

But I guess the parties are what it is really all about anyway, so enjoy yourselves!

Giants 10, Ravens 7. Tony Banks will resurface his glory days in St.Louis. Ravens' vaunted defense will crack over time. Kerry Collins will once again show why he's an alcoholic. Hence the low scoring predictions. Both defenses will do great since neither offense is explosive but I just can't shake the feeling that the Raven D will crack but not for long.

------------------

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue"-Adm.Chester Nimitz of the Marines on Iwo Jima

[This message has been edited by Warmaker (edited 01-28-2001).]

Originally posted by aka PanzerLeader:

The Pakistani team will ultimately be the champion after dropping a nuke on the Stadium.

Not likely - I FedExed a set of Patriot III missiles to the Indian Anti-Defamation League last week. Not only do they destroy the missiles but they also neutralize the warheads in midair.

Well - so THEY think, anyway.

It's not a "souper bowl" it's the SUPER BOWL!

For all you limeys out there that think that "Soccer" is called Football, the SUPER BOWL is the Championship Game of the NFL (National Football League).

The NFL has a 17 week, 16 game season (1 bye week for every team). Then two teams from each Conference (AFC, NFC) that have a record barely good enough to make the play-offs compete in a Wild Card play-off game. The other top ranked teams don't have to play that first week in the play-offs. Then the next week, the other two teams play the Wild Card winners. Then a week later the winners of those games play for the Conference Championship. Then two weeks later the Conference Champions play each other in the SUPER BOWL.

In this instance the Baltimore Ravens have come all the way from the Wild Card game. It is very rare for a Wild Card team to make the SUPER BOWL.

Did that answer your question, crepitis?

BTW, the media seems to be picking the Ravens to win by like 23-13 or something like that, so I'll predict the Raven's with their defense will hold the Giants down. So we'll see.

US Interviewer: 'What's the main difference between America and England Mr Cleese?'

John Cleese: 'Well, when we organise a sports World Championship, we invite other countries to take part.'

And now for the day's important sports news:

Man. United 0 West Ham 1. Yes!!!

The Vikings and Raiders will storm the field, throwing the other teams off and play the Super Bowl like it should have been.

if that doesn't happen, Ravens 17, Giants 14.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Guest MantaRay

John Cleese: 'Well, when we organise a sports World Championship, we invite other countries to take part.'

Well, as soon as other countries learn how to play it...it will still be an American Super Bowl wink.gif And dont give me that Rugby nonsense. If one of our guys hit a rugby player, they really would be "DOWN UNDER!"

Hehe, j/k, except for the down under part. smile.gif

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

Click now for shelter from the Peng thread

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder

Originally posted by Firefly:

Er.. given that it's been shown live on UK television for the last 20 years, I think he was being ironic, but what is this 'soccer' of which you speak?

Congratulations - the only team sport more boring than American football. You mean these guys in shorts run around for an hour and a half and all the are capable of doing is scoring a single goal?

I thought it was a rule that the final score always had to be two to one. Then again, I know how impressive you guys think the word "nil" is ... biggrin.gif

Honestly, you guys, don't you ever watch HOCKEY? The world's fastest team sport?

My Flames got clobbered AGAIN by Vancouver last night - sniff, sniff - that's ok, fellas, I'll get over it...

Originally posted by MantaRay:

Hehe, j/k, except for the down under part. smile.gif

Ray

So was I Ray wink.gif. I'm just annoyed that this year in the UK, it's being shown on a satellite channel I don't subcribe to and because of the time differnce it's too late to watch it in the pub.

Oh and remember rugby players don't wear any of that wussy padding smile.gif.

GO EAGLES!!!

I sincerely hope that the Giants don't win. One), because they beat the Eagles, and Two) because if they win, all the Giants fans here (I go to RPI in New York) will be going crazy that a NY team won both the World Series and the Super Bowl.

Hehehe...

------------------

KMHPaladin

KHarkins@voicenet.com

"We have the enemy surrounded. We are dug in and

have overwhelming numbers. But enemy airpower is

mauling us badly. We will have to withdraw."

-- Japanese infantry commander, SITREP, Burma