Hmm.. Chicago area CM meeting?

Time & Date: How about Friday the 26th, 7pm at destination of choice? Is that ok for most, if not all?

Tabpub, would we be able to have it at your bar? Or should we meet somewhere more centralized - like Schaumberg (3 major highways converge at or near the town). The Hooters there? Somewhere else a bit more.. um.. "cozy" (read: fewer hot chicks thinking that we're weenie role-players ;):D)?

Friday the 26th is my game night. I would skip, but we are playing Battleground miniatures. It is our Bulge campaign, first major engagement at Stavelot, and I am the American commander.

Plus, based on the responses, I would have to say that the geographic center would trend further north than my bars' location in Richton Park.

The following Friday or Sat the 27th may be better, but that would just be me. You know, Hellfish, you could just go ahead and pick the date and place(NW it would seem) and post it. Otherwise, the only other thing would be an email poll for everyones open dates, correlate the date that has the most hits and pick that one.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fytinghellfish:

Time & Date: How about Friday the 26th, 7pm at destination of choice? Is that ok for most, if not all?

Tabpub, would we be able to have it at your bar? Or should we meet somewhere more centralized - like Schaumberg (3 major highways converge at or near the town). The Hooters there? Somewhere else a bit more.. um.. "cozy" (read: fewer hot chicks thinking that we're weenie role-players ;):D)?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... how about the following week (I'll be in the frozen North or driving back on the 26th)? If during the week, Schaumberg would be doable, but I can't see making it to the South Side by 7... if on the weekend the South Side is doable

While i prefer a Saturday or Friday evening, A sunday day would work. Since on the topic opf wargames, have been looking for a wargame club that wants an old 66 mhz pc and quite a few old wargames. Anyone know of a club that would use them?

rune

If Schaumburg is the designated place, I have noticed a place called RAM restaurant and Brewery from the highway. I have never been there, but it does have the advantage of being relatively easy to locate (just north of Woodfield Mall and within sight of the highway), plus I believe it has been there for a little while, and as a rule, microbreweries with crappy beer don't last long.

Just an idea, I hope to make it wherever and whenever.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spanish Bombs:

If Schaumburg is the designated place, I have noticed a place called RAM restaurant and Brewery from the highway. I have never been there, but it does have the advantage of being relatively easy to locate (just north of Woodfield Mall and within sight of the highway), plus I believe it has been there for a little while, and as a rule, microbreweries with crappy beer don't last long.

Just an idea, I hope to make it wherever and whenever.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RAM sounds really familiar.. ok.. let's plan on that place at, what, 6pm? Not too early, not too late?

It's right off of 355/Rte 53, right?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fytinghellfish:

RAM sounds really familiar.. ok.. let's plan on that place at, what, 6pm? Not too early, not too late?

It's right off of 355/Rte 53, right?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So is this the time and place? I will try to be there. Hope I am not alone and holding a beer by myself....

:confused: :confused: