CMBO Ad in WWII Magazine

BTS, just got my latest copy of WWII magazine and was thrilled to see your ad on the front inside cover. It was an excellent full page color ad that looked great. I really think your sales/exposure will increase significantly from this ad.

It had some very colorful screenshots that should capture just about anyone's attention that's interested in wargames.

Additionally, there may be a lot of non-gamers who elect to try it out just based on the reviews it got upon their research when they see this ad.

Well done.

For anyone who doesn't have WWII magazine, I personally feel it's a very good subscription decision. It doesn't always get into the complete nitty-gritty of things, but it will make you want to research it further if your that interested in the details of whatever the article was written about. It's well laid out, they typically feature 3 or 4 main articles about a specific action of the war (they do discuss all theatres involved, not just a particular one). It also includes a monthly write up section on a specific armament, new book release reviews (pertaining directly to WWII) and a featured Biography of a WWII Veteran. There are several other sections that direct you to WWII memorabilia and various other items if your interested in that as well.

Well worth the fee if your interested in WWII.

GI Tom

Edit: For gawd awful spelling.

------------------

Think before you POST, TEST before you cry BUG and take a "Time-Out" break before you counter-flame the guy that just called you a Plutonian ButtMonkey---Madmatt

[This message has been edited by GI Tom (edited 02-02-2001).]

Sorry, I meant to post the link in the above post, but I got so caught up in my plug that I forgot.

Here it is for anyone interested. The featured magazine is for February, but the ad isn't until March's magazine. (You seem to get them a full month ahead when you subscribe).

Anyway, here's the link, it's a fair site with all the info you'll want to know about the magazine.

http://www.thehistorynet.com/WorldWarII/

GI Tom

------------------

Think before you POST, TEST before you cry BUG and take a "Time-Out" break before you counter-flame the guy that just called you a Plutonian ButtMonkey---Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

It does! Sounds pan around the full spectrum of the listeners (camera position) location. You really need a good 4 (or more) speaker system to get the full effect though.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

It does! Sounds pan around the full spectrum of the listeners (camera position) location. You really need a good 4 (or more) speaker system to get the full effect though.

Madmatt

So on my SB Live! with a 2 speaker setup, I cannot hear the 3d sound? I hear sound moving from one side to the other, but not in front or behind. So I always thought it was 2d. You use directsound right?

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Guest Germanboy

Hey Matt - this brings a whole new meaning to the term 'Six Nation Championship'! biggrin.gif

Great add.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Madmatt,

Why dont you guys use mods in your previews? Don't get me wrong, those shots look good, but with some of the new stuff we got out, people would think the game looked photorealistic!

Seeing as how the mods are free and easy to get, and the fact that you need to order the game by internet (so anyone playing the game will prob. have the net), you can just manetion that the shots are modified. The very mention of your community base would only convince people to buy the game more, IMHO.

Just a suggestion, is all biggrin.gif

Cheers!

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

Great ad. It almost convinced me to go buy a second copy, just in case something happens to the first.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Originally posted by Juardis:

So on my SB Live! with a 2 speaker setup, I cannot hear the 3d sound? I hear sound moving from one side to the other, but not in front or behind. So I always thought it was 2d. You use directsound right?

I've got a SBLive! and with only 2(3) speakers (subwoofer) and I can get psuedo 3D sound.

Well, I'd like to think I had a hand in this decision..heheh

posted 11-26-1999

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/001778.html

Guys, I recommend an ad in World War 2 magazine. Should hit a good target audience there. I've seen other computer game ads in there too albeit wargaming ones.

TeAcH

If it generates lots of sales, it was my idea. (haha) If it flops.....it was Fionn's. Just kidding!!!!!

TeAcH

[This message has been edited by TeAcH (edited 02-02-2001).]

Griffin,

It appears they did not. Which is why I was asking why they did not, seeing as how that would of made the game look better in the ads. Im still waiting for an answer, though...maybe they didnt want to confuse people?

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

Guest Michael emrys

Originally posted by Nathman:

Great looking ad! Not being a marketing whiz, I'd be willing to bet that if you put that same ad in pc gaming mags, it would be money well spent.

I disagree because:

1. Everyone who reads those mags has probably heard about CM already, while readers of a mag like WWII probably have not.

2. Computer gaming mags are already aswim in ads that have extremely arresting graphics. The CM ad would be lost there.

BTS did the right thing IMO, and spent their advertising money wisely. Is After the Battle still being published...?

Michael

Guest Madmatt

Originally posted by The Commissar:

Madmatt,

Why dont you guys use mods in your previews? Don't get me wrong, those shots look good, but with some of the new stuff we got out, people would think the game looked photorealistic!

Seeing as how the mods are free and easy to get, and the fact that you need to order the game by internet (so anyone playing the game will prob. have the net), you can just manetion that the shots are modified. The very mention of your community base would only convince people to buy the game more, IMHO.

Just a suggestion, is all biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Can't do it. It would be false advertising and really against how we do business. With that ady you see what your game, as paid for, will look like, not what it COULD look like with mods.

Remember, not everyone uses mods.

Madmatt

Nice to see success for you guys BTS! I've followed CM when released buy watched for a few months and during that time I've seen the great reviews but virtually no ads, even in PC game magazines.

Again, gotta be a sure sign of success!

------------------

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue"-Adm.Chester Nimitz of the Marines on Iwo Jima

Guest KwazyDog

Heya Guys,

Matts got it right, we couldnt use any mods due to false advertising. Not everyone has an internet connection (though most CM users do of course) and not everybody uses mods. In fact, probably a great percentage dont than do to be honest. Remember that this forum probably represent the 'power' CM users out there wink.gif

Anyways, Im glad you like the add guys. Many hours went into it but the result well worth it smile.gif

Dan