CMBO's awful muzzle flash/gunsmoke animation...

Has anyone got around to remodelling the stupendously crappy circular puff of beige gunsmoke that occurs every time anything larger than a rifle is fired? If so, could they please tell me where I can download it from. If not, COULD SOMEONE PLEASE GET AROUND TO DESIGNING SOMETHING BETTER. There are some excellent CMBO graphics around and I'm afraid that the current gunsmoke animation stands out like the proverbial bulldog's bollocks :(

Interesting to know if BTS is planning to hardcode CM2's muzzle-flash graphics too.

Hopefully BTS can give the very competent modmakers on this Forum some "credit" by not hardcoding this so that 'em boys can tinker further under the hood. :cool:

Kind regards,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

I seem to be outvoted here. However, for an example of the sort of thing I would like to see, simply look at the opening movie/animation in Talonsoft's Westfront. I DO like the camera shake though, and yes, let's hope that the CMBB firing animations are not hard coded. Thank you all for your opinions smile.gif

If you see video of a tank firing in either dusty or humid conditions there is a shockwave that travels out from the muzzle blast. How exactly would one improve the CM animation of this? More transparent? Dissipates more quickly? I can't say.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeyD:

If you see video of a tank firing in either dusty or humid conditions there is a shockwave that travels out from the muzzle blast. How exactly would one improve the CM animation of this? More transparent? Dissipates more quickly? I can't say.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am betting till CM can model dust its not going to get any better.