Nordic Wannabee Tournament

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadow needs only to finish his games by February 14th. I won't put pressure on him until we're down to about eight weeks. This leaves ample time to PBEM these scenarios. Beyond that time frame he would be forcing players to do TCP/IP so he could finish on time. This would not be acceptable and he would be replaced at that point. I'll keep an eye on the situation.

Treeburst155 out.

In honor of the upcoming American activity known in these parts as Thanksgiving, I thought I'd share a little ditty that an, as yet, unnamed opponent wrote. While previously untitled, I will name it "An Ode to Wild Bill." (Sung to whatever demented tune pops into your head - right now it's Falco's Der Kommissar which is rotting my brain)

"Bah, Bah-Bah, bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-BAH!

Bah, Bah-Bah, bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-BAH!

God-you-suck,oh-how-you-really-suck

Oh-you-do-really-suuuuck

Oh-how-you-feckin'-suuuuck

Bah-bah-bah-bah, BAH-BAH, Bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-BAH!"

Ain't it melodic?!!!

Thanks Wild Bill for ruining our days and nights!

- Lopaka

I have a similar problem where both Wreck & Cpl Carrot have commenced games but haven't had return files for a few days now after knocking of turns almost daily there for a while. Are you guys having some sort of problems or simply tied up at the moment?

I know there's no great rush in terms of the deadline but because the initial regular pattern has been broken I just thought it a bit odd that's all.

Regards

Jim R.

In the light of your poetic masterpiece, Lopaka, I'll dedicate "Meeting of Devils" to you :D

Now a word of explanation. "Meeting of Devils" is historical. I know it is pure chaos but it happened pretty much as you see in the game.

Read up on it. Without giving away too much, let me recount an actual incident.

A young Red Devil came to his commander all out of sorts. He told him that someone had landed nearby and he went to help him with his parachute.

In the darkenss, the guy who had just landed asked the British paratrooper if he had seen his Schmeisser. The lanky corporal ended his report with the question, "Just what the bloody hell is going on, sir?"

Welcome to the chaos called "war."

Wild Bill

I think a special vote of thanks should go to Treeburst and Nabla.

For those who don't know, hosting a tourney is one of the toughest jobs anyone could have.

And you don't even get to play! Just control the flow, make explanations, keep records, placate irate participants and maintain your sanity...not an easy job.

I doff my helmet to both of you. Well done! Running a tourney is very much like the battle, "Meeting of Devils." :D:D

WB

Just a quick not to say that I have come down with a serious case of RL. However after taking a big stick to it, I have managed to beat it into submission and turns should find their way into my opponents boxes by the days end. Sorry to those eagerly waiting to shoot my guys

Cpl Carrot