One Click to Combat! Updated

Version 1.0.3.0 of CM: One Click is available. Download it from http://home.worldnet.att.net/~kyleneet/CMOneClick

CM: One Click is a CM front end to manage PBEM games. Read this thread for more info: http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/012940.html

The shortened version of the changes for version 1.0.3.0:

- Added display of whether CM cd is in the drive or not, and waits for the CM cd if not present

- fixes a bug which prevented WinME users from using this (possibly Win2k also)

- support for 1600x1200, 1920x1440 and 2048x1536 resolutions were added

- fixed bug when fetching incoming files which were destined for a pbem subdirectory

-Kyle

[This message has been edited by KMan (edited 02-03-2001).]

Originally posted by Juju:

Thanks for all the work, Kyle. Great program and I use it every day!

Ditto. When I have to turn a file around in a hurry, this is unbeatable. If everyone used it, we would have fewer 'oops, sent the wrong file' emails.

------------------

my armoured assets have about the half-life of a gnat in DDT

- Germanboy

Excellent utility KMan. I was just wondering if it would be possible to have different zip rules for each game? Some of my opponents don't like zip files, some want everything zipped and others only want the movies zipped, so I end up not using this feature and doing the zipping, when needed separately.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for bumping this, aaronb! I was wondering what you were referring to when you said you were using a utility for PBEM. I'm going to download it. Would it cause a problem for our current game underway, or should I wait until I start a new PBEM?

Guest aaronb

Originally posted by Pillar:

EXCELLENT program.

Kudos to you. Keep up the good work.

Bump.

Does this mean you'll be faster with the turns, Pillar smile.gif ? 'Cause that's why I keep bumping this gem.

------------------

- Germanboy

Guest aaronb

Originally posted by Leeo:

Thanks for bumping this, aaronb! Would it cause a problem for our current game underway, or should I wait until I start a new PBEM?

You're the other reason I bump this from time to time - if only Peng would use it!

Once you get it set up, it should be fine to insert into an on-going game - I've done that a few times.

I check/bump this thread once a week - and no, Kman does not pay me.

------------------

- Germanboy

• 2 weeks later...

KMan, nice work.

I am wondering if the source file is open for viewing eyes. I am wondering if you are using some speical Windows-only "tricks" in this one (well, the CM All Movies View comes into mind).

If you are willing to open your source files, drop me a message. TIA. I promise I am not going to do anything malicilous.

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Come to my Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at "http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/"

Griffin,

The interesting parts of the code for CM One Click are almost identical to the code in CM Movie. If you want, I can send you the One Click code, but it will look pretty much the same as the code for CM Movie, which you have already seen.

-K

• 2 weeks later...