somebody from CM please tell me a better canmpaign methodology is on the way....

Hy,

After having played 3-4 CG's and developed 2 it is no joke....

HOW, for example can you develop an encirling type operation ?

HOW do you have forces enter from different map edges?

HOW CAN you focus attacks ( or defensive area's)on a campaign map ?

I just want some acknowledgement from the designers that SOMEONE is paying attention to all this stuff..... If game engine 2 does not deliver in this area I belive there are going to be a LOT of dissatisfied CM fans about.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix it up ....

:mad:

To start stop yelling. smile.gif Two there are no Campaigns in CM:BO and there wont be any in CM2 ether, that what Steve from BTS said. :(

Dose that answer you questions?

Also as for encircling operations all you have to do is base you forces in four setup zones one on each side of the enemy...but this will only take place at the beginning of the first battle.

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cauldron:

I just want some acknowledgement from the designers that SOMEONE is paying attention to all this stuff..... If game engine 2 does not deliver in this area I belive there are going to be a LOT of dissatisfied CM fans about.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you no manners?

What happened to Please?!!! ;)

Mace

There are some recognized limitations with Operations in CMBO. While I believe some changes are in store for CMBB/CM2, I don't think that they'll live up to your desires. It's not that BTS is ignoring customers or quickly dashing together a product... some of the programming issues (inter-battle frontline determination being the biggest) were far more complex than initially thought. Despite some of Charles best efforts, a solution could not be programmed to accomodate all of the issues with a non-linear frontline (they almost had it for CMBO). Unfortunately I don't think that there will be a miracle solution to this issue for CMBB/CM2 (it would be great if there was), but rather further refinements of the current system. Again it won't accomodate everything a lot of players would like from operations, but is should be an improvement.

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Cauldron-

first off, the Operations in CM are not intended to allow you any imagineable form of "campaign" game. There ARE limitations in how CM's Operations work, and once you recognize them, your life will be much easier smile.gif

However, there are some workarounds:

>>HOW, for example can you develop an encirling type operation ?

Use DESTROY type opeartion, set "no man's land" settings to 0m in the preferences section. Not perfect, but helps.

>>HOW do you have forces enter from different map edges?

You cannot choose where reinforcements come in. They will enter from the direction you select in the preferences as friendly territory, and will simply appear within your setup zone. No workaround possible. If you really need this feature, make a Scenario instead of an Operation OR have the forces start the Operation ON MAP.

>>HOW CAN you focus attacks ( or defensive area's)on a campaign map ?

Operations are not very well suited to REPLAY historical events. If you want to replay a particular attack/event - use Scenarios. Having said that, though - you can steer the focus of the action by how you lay out the terrain. In most cases, when you use topo maps for example, the terrain itself will lead to very historical results. Look at "Champs", an operation I made some while ago - big map with a lot forst and even more options for both sides, and yet the fighting usually takes place around the key points as it was historically.

Hope it helps a little.

Martin

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Huh? How about placing the reinforcement marker to where you want them to enter from? That's how I do it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Germanboy, I believe he means operations, not battles. There are no reinforcement markers in operations.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juju:

Germanboy, I believe he means operations, not battles. There are no reinforcement markers in operations.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah well, that might make sense then. Since I don't dabble in ops, I would not know.