%$#& Cowards!!

Watched a movie of a turn a minute ago and highlighted one of my Shermans that ended the previous turn with the red line thingy pointing to an enemy halftrack. The status on it was "ready." I kept watching it as it sat there not shooting for a full 12 seconds, still with the red line, until the halftrack drove away and out of sight.

My question is, why didn't it fire at the halftrack?

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

"I'd rather the Bees than your Mask of Shame." - Stuka

Is it possible that it, (the Sherman) was assessing another threat? If infantry or somesuch was nearby, perhaps the TacAI didn't want to fire if there was a more dangerous threat nearby? (Was the halftrack stationary, or moving for the duration of the 12seconds. (Perhaps it moved out of sight before the gunner could get enough lead on it)

Tailz

It may have been switching ammo types. I don't know what tanks like to fire at half-tracks in CM, but it may have had another round "up" at the time it targetted the HT. Yeah, well it should have fired whatever was in the tube, I know, but it don't and won't, so maybe it had to reload...

My humble guess.

Guest KwazyDog

Kitty, if you feel there is a problem there and you oponent also dosnt know why it happened, please email me the movie and the order phase before it and Ill take a look.

Dan

This experience has occurred to me several times and I have recently found the cause of this.

Upon viewing a playback movie in scrutinous detail, I discovered a slight time shift - very subtle.

I took the film to the Scotland Yard labs and had then analyse it. They discovered that the entire crew had been abducted by aliens, experimented on and replaced relatively unharmed, but completely unaware of their experience. What seems like hours of intrusive, sweaty, damp, probing, carnal experimentation had only been about 1 or 2 seconds in our time. Subsequently, while the crew where coming round and recounting their experiences in detail to each other, the half-track they had spotted only moments before simply carried on its way. Probably toward your rear end, a place where any self-respecting, tin-helmeted, highly trained practitioner of pain would go.

Regards

Steve

Guest Lord General MB

Soldier,

"Didn't fire for 12 seconds..." WHAT? 12 seconds! Any tank that waits longer then 2 to 3 seconds miust be mad! Fire that crew. I'd kick them out of the army.. but I'm busy. Now really. That makes very little sense. Sounds like a bug.

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Everyone of these f**king ***holes that pasted above this are typical to the narrow mindedness of the people I find playing this game. I posted something very similar to what you are saying. I got reply after reply telling me how wrong I am for think that something could possible be wrong with the game after the 1.1 patch. This is what I posed.

Ok I am asking all that read this to keep an open mind. I feel that the 1.1 patch is doing something very wrong in the TCIP games only. In hot seat seems fine to me, but in online games, I am seeing oddities. So here is the trouble that only I seem to be having.

It seems to manifest its self though out the game but in armor its pathetic. Ok here it is. My units just don't want to react to the world around them. What I FEAR is going on, is that 1.1 changed the way the turn is executed. I remember BTS telling us how when the TCIP patch comes out, that the turn will be simultaneously crunched on both machines, thus make a quick seamless turn. That worked great for me all the way up until now. Now it appears that a faster connection has a slight advantage over a slower one. BTS is this true, or have I just become a bad player over night?

For the people who are going to say, was your crew buttoned, what was the crew quality, was his tanks hull down, for all of those situations let assume that all things are equal or that I had the advantage. I always come out with the short end of the deal. My connection is 33.3K; sorry it's my phone line. Bellsouth sucks. No DLS in the near future.

So BTS please take another look at how you are implementing TCIP, this is the best game I have ever played!

Now if what I said is not the case so be it but God Dam it something is wrong.

Heathen, I think you are talking about a completely different issue. Kitty is asking why a tank didn't fire at a HT that it had in its sights. You are talking about two computers in a TCP/IP game resolving a turn differently on each computer. Your concern was adressed when it was pointed out that only one computer crunches the data and sends it to the other. As far as I am concerned that issue was resolved. Kitty's question is unrelated to yours. And please improve your attitude.

Hey, Heathen you Jerk. I suggest you re-read the above posts. They have all in the main attempted to be helpful, some with a dash of humour. This is the way things work here. If you have had bad replies to your questions, well jeez, just get over it. Most folk here will at least try to be helpful. Lashing out with the use of profanity will not make you any freinds and may well attract the attention of the moderators who do take a dim view of such posts.

Lighten up, its a big,happy world. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Kitty is asking why a tank didn't fire at a HT that it had in its sights. You are talking about two computers in a TCP/IP game resolving a turn differently on each computer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye. This is a PBEM game, I can't play TCP/IP. Methinks I'll show it to Mr. Dog and let him tell me what he thinks. Thanks all. =)

K

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

I may be wrong about what is causing the unit not to react but dam it man my bitches are the same!!!!!!!! Reread what I was bitching about! This is what I said "It seems to manifest its self though out the game but in armor its pathetic. Ok here it is. My units just don't want to react to the world around them." So I don't give a Dam why,if it not a TCIP thing just fix it!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heathen1:

So I don't give a Dam why,if it not a TCIP thing just fix it!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also forgot to mention that the game turn I was referring to is version 1.05. =)

Kitty

Ps - Remember, Heathen. It's only a game.

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty:

Watched a movie of a turn a minute ago and highlighted one of my Shermans that ended the previous turn with the red line thingy pointing to an enemy halftrack. The status on it was "ready." I kept watching it as it sat there not shooting for a full 12 seconds, still with the red line, until the halftrack drove away and out of sight.

My question is, why didn't it fire at the halftrack?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The sherman crew was started to take aim at the HT (thus the red line) (was the HT moving?) .. end of turn..

Start of the next turn, Sherman is completing it aiming sequence as the HT moves out of view, with CM the red targeting line stays with an out of view for about 5 or 6 seconds after the unit is actually out of view (happens with hills and building all the time). So I am thinking the Sherman was targeting, getting ready to fire, HT moves out of view around second 7 or 8 and the remaining 4 seconds was the just CM keeping the targetting line. So I think the Sherman simply didnt have enough time (at which second of the previous turn did it target?) to complete the acquisition, turret turning, range estimation, gun laying on and firing.

Just a thought.

p.s. This happens all the time to me, especially if someone is doing a tophat / lowsky with a vehicle.

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuka:

By the way Banshee, that was a very informative and helpful post.

You see Heathy old bean, that doesn't sound like a F*****g A*****e reply to me. tongue.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL my first post was trying to be helpful, the second post wasn't nearly so much smile.gif .. I just think this is a very friendly board and people coming on it and DEMANDING and cussing really don't have a place here. They should go to Usenet.

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

Guest Madmatt

Heathen1, let this be a warning to you.

Either lighten up off the attitude and anger and try and conduct yourself with a little more maturity or find somewhere else to hang out as you will not be permitted here.

The rest of you need to back off as well. The Forum has rules of conduct and its time people start abiding by them.

Madmatt