Wanted: Mac Programmer for Special Mission.

Mac Programmers!

I represent CMMC (Combat Mission Mega Campaign). We are currently running a 100+ player operational-level campaign with tactical combat resolved in CM.

We have designed software that allows us to track combat units on a 1:50,000 military grid map including TOEs, positions, orders, chain of command etc. Those in the know compare it with the battlefield nav system on the current US M-1 MBT. This program is done in Visual Basic and is only accessible by PC user at the current time.

I am looking for a motivated Mac programmer who could convert this wonderful piece of software to a Mac program (in REALbasic, as I understand things, but I could be wrong).

The pay is terrible, the only being many, many thanks from all involved in CMMC. We intent to make it shareware available on our website, so you will have the satisfication of keeping yet one more program available to Mac users!

Anyone interested, please contact me at jbailey@resolutecapital.com

Thanks in advance,

James Bailey

CMMC OIC

Well, in fact, only the thanks from players and GMs that uses Mac.

REALBasic seems the tool of choice, as it even has a utility to convert from VB files to RB files. But any programmer with Basic language skills and any Basic tool will do the job, I think.

Ariel

P.s., is "Meta", not "Mega" wink.gif

Is there a link to check out the current PC version?

I have a decent amount of VB experience (I program for multi-dimensional databases in VB) but not much REALBasic experience. If no one with more experience steps up I'd be willing to give it a crack.

Guest Rob/1

Your not getting anywhere are you...I would do it but...I am just to lazy...no I am still working on fixs for my mod. I mite have some time someday soon.

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 04-01-2001).]

Maximus wrote:

> Yes but who's gonna pay Steve Jobs for the Mac source code?

I have been waiting for you to troll this thread. You troll EVERY Mac-related thread that appears on this forum. Kindly shut the hell up until you have the slightest clue what you are talking about. You have ably demonstrated your complete ignorance of the subject in recent Mac-related threads. If you don't have something constructive to contribute, get lost. We know there are many Windows users out there who seem to have a problem with Apple, you don't need to remind us every few days.

Maximus wrote:

> Yes but who's gonna pay Steve Jobs for the Mac source code?

Yeah. biggrin.gif

(and another bump) smile.gif

Oh yeah B. Gates is an honest guy too...(this is ridiculous) Time too brush up on my computer history knowledge, time for Silicon Valley TNT movie. biggrin.gif

What and why is this guy so pissed at Apple all the time?

Lets try to stick to the topic here MAXIMUS. biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Freak (edited 04-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Freak (edited 04-02-2001).]