London drinks 17th Nov.

Alright then, since we managed to drag Justin out last time (this Tuesday), and get buy-in from all those folks present, and realised that Forest Hill has the highest density of quality CMBO scenario designers in the world (i.e. Justin and me live about 500m apart), we decided that that is enough reason for drinks on Sat 17th Nov, a date that will even give the provincials that otherwise would have been held up by Dick Turpin or Railtrack, not sure which is worse, a chance to attend. Yes, that was one sentence, and email me if you want to know where we meet.

That is all, and if you are fortunate enough to not live in the hell-hole otherwise known as London or south of England, don't bother to having read this.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Not sure about my place - my lodger is off shagging moose in Calgary the next day, he may not be happy being disturbed in his anticipation.<hr></blockquote>

Hmmm you have a moose shagging lodger. Nice...

Just seen this little old thread and as you have kindly made it a Saturday when my beloveded (is that a word?) Is off in Paris shopping and no doubt spending I will drown my sorrows in a pub with the Brit CM community.

I will check out train times and see if I will train it or drive it.

Just tell me where and at what time and I will plan my weekend around it.

I will be seeking advice on how to defeat my opponents in my contest for a crate of SA wine.

;)

H

Ahh is Peter in the running?

He is in another Section than mine so I should be ok talking limited XX and XX.

Of course I will ensure that I do not give him any hints about what he has to come to him? (Some of the scenario's are truely evil.)

I have started / nearing the end of all my games so I can talk about any game with someone who has completed that game too.

H

Hoorah for Forest Hill!

Hoorah for Scenario Designers!

Hoorah for...errr....HOORAH!

Nice to meet everybody last Tuesday, I've since utilised my work's ADSL line and CD-Rewriter technology to download Steel Panthers World at War (can I mention that here?) and Steel Beasts following my esteemed colleagues recomendations..

[i think] I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the CMBO UK contingent, perhaps we should all make name badges: Hi, my name is....and I'm an...

Upsetting names but seem like decent games nonetheless.

Right, we'll meet at the National Army Museum in Chelsea at 1400 sharp (sorry Richard). Even those of you who have been there before will enjoy listening to me rubbishing Britain's imperial past, and linking it to its current train system.

Followed by a drink/food in the general area - open-ended.

Please email me for contact details, and to let me know if you come.

Right,

Will that be outside or inside?

What entrance if there is more than one?

What will you be holding so that I may identify you.

That or post a link here, to the site you had showing your mugs at Bovington some time ago.

H

P.s. Any recommendations on parking nearby?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Holien:

What will you be holding so that I may identify you.

<hr></blockquote>

He will be the one (all a ruse really) closely studying the April 1999 issue of "Juggs", while murmuring "Those haf to be fake. Zey haf to be. Ach der decadent British."

You should approach him by making the secret code sign (jumping up and down, arms flapping, while you sing "Lust for life" in D major).

He will then offer you a cigarrette to which you must respond that your "buttocks are sweaty". He will then put the fag in a tuna sandwich, hand you the magazine and run away.

Having made contact you may then go and find the damn entrance by yourself and if you can read you will note that the museum is "closed until further notice from The Proper Authorities."

Good luck,

Johan

Ok Ok

I am practising my singing now, but the lads in the office don't think it is in "D Major".

I do hope there will be no silly initiation rituals.

I had enough of the ones I had to do to join the Coventry chapter of the Hells Angels.

As for "sweaty buttocks" we won't go there will we children.

:eek:

H

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MichaelU:

What, Forest Hill is a nest of scenario designers? I live within stone throwing distance of Forest Hill, and I didn't know this.

I'll see if I can make it along on Saturday.<hr></blockquote>

Mortar range, you must have meant. Where do you live?

Oh, here are the pictures from the IWM. I am in quite a few of them, and apart from gaining some weight (in exchange for losing some hair) I have not changed that much.