BIRDS SINGING IN CMBO, MAJOR PROBLEM!

I can't stand this anymore. Many times you'll hear birds chirping in the background during a game, EVEN WHEN THERE"S ALOT OF GUNFIRE GOING ON. What's the deal BTS?? Don't you know that wild birds will change the tone and incidence of their warbling when frightened? Come on! Birds have a 80% chance of becoming quiet (i.e. flying away) and a 20% chance of increasing the shrillness of their songs when exposed to lots of nearby gunfire (source: Hunting Life)

Did the guys at BTS think this not important enough to code into the game?! This really destroys the realism factor of the CMBO simulation..errr..game. Since there won't be a patch for CMBO we can only hope that CM2, the East-front, rectifies this Bird-song anomalie.

*guys in white coats enter with neck-lasso pole....*

Speaking rectally...heywaitaminute I'm not through..ow! no! ..noooooooo! *GURgle.......*

wink.gif

-John

Tiger, have you read this? http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/007331.html

Not only are the birds chirping too much, but they're the wrong birds. A classic post by BTS on page 2.

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

God, I love reading this forum. It just makes my day if you don't get a least one really good laugh something is wrong with you or you're at the wrong forum. Good point however. I used to be a hunter and when you blast away with even one high powered rifle - birds aren't going to be singing their lovely little songs.

Guest wwb_99

Birds would be cool if your infantry could take some pot shots at them. Need I remind people that one german soldier popping a pigeon had a major effect on D-Day. He happened to hit the one carrying the message that the 352nd division had moved to Normandy.

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.

Check out the Dogs of War CM Players Community

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Its not really birds you are hearing, its a secret German uberweapon designed to make you go crazy!

------------------

"To subdue your enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Visit my AAR site:

home.online.no/~andhess/cm/

And my Panzer Elite site:

25th-pzrgt.de

My question is where are the duck and geese. You'd think they would include some game birds! They included ponds for crying out loud.

Probably trying to avoid the duck call and shotgun controversy which would inevitably arise.

If just Shift-S isn't enough for you, then you should prolly know that .wav files 00005004 (a.m. ambient background --- very heavily starling influenced), and 00005007 (typical day-time meadow-lark) are your culprits. In general, all the 00005000 series files are the ambient background sound files.

JEM wrote:

Don't any of you remember the book and movie All Quiet on the Western Front? The hero was done in by a singing bird, he looked up at the bird and got it in the head by a sniper.

Weren't that a butterfly?

Nice to be in a thread that will be soon padlocked.

- Tommi

my personal peev is there are no dogs barking when your in a village or farmland.. theres tons of dogs or at least the ones not eaten buy starving troops since the food truck got shot up by jabbos.

what about cows!.. aside from that one mod no MOOing or baahhh from sheep (mace would love this one)

DO SOMEFINK!

-----------

www.derkessel.com Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

"So if it is a coy of flamethowers lighting up everything in sight like a Mongolian barbecue chef gone postal, and your opponent is OK with it, PLAY ON!"

-The_Capt

109 Gustav, thanks for digging out all those buried threads. It was a real pleasure to read them again; they are real classics smile.gif

Tiger, the CMBO birds are modelled quite realistically. Those birds have endured almost five years of bitter fighting and got quite used to the noise of even the hardest battle.

Compared to modern birds, which became wimps due to junk food, TV soaps and Quiz shows the typical battle bird in the ETO wasn't easy to scare off.

------------------

Turret down

Hull down

Track down

Pants down

In Close Combat there were always birds chirping and dogs barking just before the battle. I always thought that was cool, kind of the calm before the storm. But I agree that once the battle starts the birds should be gone - but leave the dogs.

Guest Space Thing

Tiger has a point. With SO much complaining about realism for this or that weapon, Tiger's comments fits right in. If realism is the point, it should be applied evenly to all aspects of CM. Not just uniforms and camo for tanks.

In general, BTS has more time for CM2 (no real time limit),so maybe we'll see a broader application of realism on the CM2 battlefield. I'd hate to see that something great would be left out because "we ran out of time".