Question about Green units

Guest Rob/1

Ok in this one Quick battle I played a bunch of green men attacke ok and here the strange thing. My Crack men who where hiding in a bilding ran away when the Green! Americans enterd the bilding. WHy on earth would they do that? They not only had hight unit rating but they where more Crak Germans then Green Americans why dose this sort of thing happen!The Americans had no tanks or vehical attacking no arty.

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC

Join Robs CMC2 today! Email me at RobsCMC@hotmail.com

Rob

--------------------------

For more info on Rob's CMC go to Robs CMC HQHome of Robs CMC

Members of my CMC should join my CMC chat bord. Robs CMC Board

BHQS Board for me and BHQS only!

BHQS board

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 01-02-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peterk:

Ummm...you had more green guys than he had crack guys?

How do you really know that the other guy was crack? You can't trust fog-of-war.

p.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No no my guys were crack

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dittohead:

Mars Attacks!!!!! What were the parameters? Day, Night, Fog? Were any chariters involved? tongue.gif. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was the day no fog. Infantry attacke by allise.

Well the bilding was undamaged it was a crak Voksgrander squad(8 men x2 there were two squds).It was about 50m even to the closet trees and it was very flat no chance of real ascape from the enemy.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

What did the squad have for breakfast?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't realy know... tongue.gif!

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 01-02-2001).]

Guest MantaRay

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

I don't realy know... tongue.gif!

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 01-02-2001).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know they didnt have Americans. smile.gif

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

Click now for shelter from the Peng thread

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder

How would your crack units know that a bunch of greens were attacking them? I'm not so sure this is modeled in CM. Just the fact that a bunch of guys rushing the buildings they're in might be enough to get them to leave.

P.S.--Rob, I see you're making good use of that spell check feature.

------------------

Youth is wasted on the young.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Why would I use it. I never have and never will use the spell checker.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That button isn't there for decoration Rob.

------------------

Youth is wasted on the young.

[This message has been edited by Colonel_Deadmarsh (edited 01-02-2001).]

I find that most of the time it dosn't even have a clue what I type. If think I don't speek English your wrong. In fact I don't even have a second languge. And the spell checker dosn't work most of the time dum Netscape!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Perhaps I can help... Hi Mom!!

There, now everything is better.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hah go to bed Hiram Sedai.

Yeah, well, to get back to the original quesion...

Crack and Conscript troops will NOT always behave like Crack or Conscript troops just because they are Crack or Conscript troops. Crack troops have a better chance of going through with the orders you give them, Conscript troops aren't. That doesn't mean that 100% of the time Conscript troops will retreat at the first sign of a Kubelwagen, nor will Crack troops hold up against an entire battalion of M4 Shermans. Sometimes, your Conscripts might overrun and destroy a platoon of regular troops while crossing an open field pounded by artillery, and sometimes your Crack troops will break at the first sign of an advancing balied out enemy crew. You just got unlucky, your crack troops rolled snake eyes and the Conscripts got a Seven, or possibly even an Eleven.

Man, I feel all weired by typing "Crack" so much. It is like I am typing on a drug abuse website.

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

Why would I use it. I never have and never will use the spell checker.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, we know...*sigh*.

That (Colonel_Deadmarsh's comment that you are responding to), Rob, is what is known as irony (or possibly in this case, sarcasm).

Your friend,

Michael

[This message has been edited by Michael emrys (edited 01-02-2001).]

A building somewhere in France....

Sgt. Johnson: OK men. We just got our orders from General Rob and it seems to be in code again so listen up! Giles and Peterson you know the drill, translation duty. Pay attention!

OK....Let's see. It says "Hold yur positun at all casts. Enimee resitunce estimayted to be week. Yu gys ar crak. They ar grin. yu cant luse. do not ritrit. Repit. du nut ritrit." Giles! What's he saying?!?

Private Giles: He says to get the hell out of here sir! Krauts coming from all directions. No hope of holding on.

Sgt Johnson: Peterson! What do you think?

Private Peterson: Giles is right sir!

Sgt Johnson: All right. We're heading back! Fall in men. Let's beat it!